Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos disappeared from my phone

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 05:38 PM)
DenisTheUser
Apprentice
Options

So today I found out, that most of my photos were deleted from my gallery folders, only videos were left there. Strange is, that not all the folders were empty, just some of them. 3 hours later I checked the gallery again and the whole folders, now including the videos that were left, were gone. So I lost like 600 photos and videos. I checked the bin, my files, everything...found nothing. Unfortunatelly, my onedrive was already full, so I have no backup. I know that most likely my photos are forever gone, but I would like to know why and if it can happen again in the future. It made me really upset. I really don't want to buy an Iphone.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DenisTheUser Hello, I imagine that this comes from the synchronization changes of the Gallery. It was announced that you could lose data not synchronized with ONE Drive. It is likely that this has happened to you: due to lack of space in ONE Drive, they have remained Photos are out of sync and have been deleted. Anyway, check to see if they're in the Recycle bin.. Or, you have an album you've accidentally hidden. A greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Are they saving d in your Google photos app?
0 Likes
DenisTheUser
Apprentice
Options

So you are telling me, that I lost my internal data because of synchronisation? Just because I don't have them synchronized on cloud, they could be deleted from my internal memory just like that?! Thats so stupid.

And yes, I checked the recycle bin and hidden folders as well. There were only photos I deleted manually and intentionally.

0 Likes
DenisTheUser
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunatelly for some reason I wasn't signed in to my google photos app, so no they are not saved there.

0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Look in your 'Google Photo's' folder; I find that even when I delete pics from my Samsung Gallery, they are still present in my Google Photo's folder?
0 Likes