Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo quality get worse after object eraser (did update to one UI4.0)

(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 11:44 AM)
gary456gary
First Poster
Options

First of all, I am not sure whether it is a problem (bug) or not since I just have the phone for about 3 weeks, and I didn't notice it before.

Before I update to one UI4.0, I didn't noticed any photo quality difference before and after using object eraser. I know the place where we use eraser should be a little bit unclear, and it is reasonable. However, today I notice the photo quality get worse after I use the object eraser. Even with the place I don't use eraser. Seems like the whole picture is compressed or something, it loses some details and make me just don't want to use the eraser.

I have cleared the data and cache, but not helping.

Do you guys have the same issue? or is it just a normal thing that I didn't notice before? 

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
martin_angelov
Apprentice
Options
I've noticed that object eraser is doing worse now. Doesn't cut objects as good as before...
illEez
Voyager
Options
I use the healing option on the Snapseed app as I always found the eraser to leave a smudgey blur on photos; the Snapseed one is slightly better, imo.
0 Likes
VishnuP
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the same issue 😞 

MarcoLeo66
Explorer
Options

It seems that the app compress too much the image and it loose details, I hope Samsung will correct it in the next camera app update, there is no reason to work that way.

DKnight
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue. I tried the same deletion on the same photo but by using Pixel 6's magic eraser. Result was great, no quality decrease. looks just like the original. Samsung's Gallery is very disappointing.

nazty
First Poster
Options
Same here! Fix please Samsung!
0 Likes
Manlee
First Poster
Options

Same issue

0 Likes
JohnBrown22
First Poster