Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo editing tools GONE? Live focus and all photo editing tools disappeared with the new update!

(Topic created on: 30-06-2021 08:26 PM)
JoJo2021
Explorer
Options

The biggest reason I bought the S20+ was the camera and photo editing tools. Seriously used them ALL-THE-TIME and they've all disappeared with the latest update. Live focus is gone, portrait editing tools... gone. Is there a way to roll back the update? This was the biggest feature of the phone I use. What's the solution? And yes, I've found you can now take photos in Portrait Mode and make adjustments that way, but seriously, who edits photos before they take them? That's just ludicrous. I snap away, pick a favorite or two, and fine-tune that one. 

46 REPLIES 46
NimStaff
Student
Options

Honestly I can't agree more Jojo. I was stokes to get my S20 after having an S8 - the camera was wicked. I was team Samsung. But I've had nothing but trouble with the firmware on a whole tbh.

The white balance and tools have disappeared from eediting. The video editor is now shocking - you can't even get an image capture of the video? You have to open up a different app (video player) to do this 

There's been weird glitches where the camera doesn't take it at the right time with flash. 

I bought this phone for the camera as I started taking a lot of food photos. I'm not a phone or photography pro, I'm just an average user - one of the masses who they are supposed to be catering for - and my life is more difficult now. The opposite of technological advancement. I dislike this new way I'm opting to never buy a Samsung again unless they change something for the better. 

0 Likes
Captzoot
First Poster
Options

Mine has disappeared with the new phone update too! Not happy 

0 Likes
grumpy_ex_sailor
Apprentice
Options
Portrait is not live focus. Its neither as user friendly or capable. Just another reason to replace with an iphone next time... and i hate apple
0 Likes
Mikana_Mirka
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung A 71 and i have no live focus! 😰😭😡

0 Likes
Members_Zrzhgvo
First Poster
Options

I'm the same lost all original photo editing tools on s21 ultra. Will their be an update to remedy 

0 Likes
JoJo2021
Explorer
Options

My editing tools suddenly came back after being gone for around 6 months- must have been an update that brought them back. However, in the time they were gone, I discovered an app called Lensa that does a really solid job at editing. The only issue is Lensa only exports web-sized files, so if I want to print photos I'll still pull them into photoshop. Sorry I don't have another solution, I hope they came back for you too. 

0 Likes
Mrpete31
First Poster
Options

Agreed.   I used the pen with my with photos often.   Very helpful.     Now, I’m back to my Apple/iPad.   They still allow us to use their pen for notes and markups on photos.

I guess the Samsung pen purchase was a waste of money.

Ridiculous.    

0 Likes
Kodimerlyn
Student
Options

Not everyone is a professional photographer nor do they want to be. I use pics and draw circles or arrows around the images to share with people when asking a question about something.  Not having the ability to use this tool any longer is infuriating! I used all of these tools.  They shouldn't be removed once given!! 

0 Likes
Kodimerlyn
Student
Options

The tool to draw on a picture is gone..

0 Likes
Kodimerlyn
Student
Options

I am SOOOOO frustrated by this!  It's fine that Samsung wants my pics to be great but sometimes I WANT TO DO THINGS!  Like blur the back ground or circle one thing in a pic and draw an arrow to anothe part of it so I can explain something to someone.  I used ALL the editing tools and now they are gone! I don't WANT another app clogging up m6 phone!

Extremely annoyed! At least give users the option to use or not! I had this when I bought my phone then 2 uodates ago it vanished. Thought it would come back this update....nada! Get your ***** in a pile Samsung! Bring those photo editing features back!! 

0 Likes