Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Photo editing tools GONE? Live focus and all photo editing tools disappeared with the new update!

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 11:39 PM)
JoJo2021
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

The biggest reason I bought the S20+ was the camera and photo editing tools. Seriously used them ALL-THE-TIME and they've all disappeared with the latest update. Live focus is gone, portrait editing tools... gone. Is there a way to roll back the update? This was the biggest feature of the phone I use. What's the solution? And yes, I've found you can now take photos in Portrait Mode and make adjustments that way, but seriously, who edits photos before they take them? That's just ludicrous. I snap away, pick a favorite or two, and fine-tune that one. 

33 REPLIES 33
NimStaff
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Honestly I can't agree more Jojo. I was stokes to get my S20 after having an S8 - the camera was wicked. I was team Samsung. But I've had nothing but trouble with the firmware on a whole tbh.

The white balance and tools have disappeared from eediting. The video editor is now shocking - you can't even get an image capture of the video? You have to open up a different app (video player) to do this 

There's been weird glitches where the camera doesn't take it at the right time with flash. 

I bought this phone for the camera as I started taking a lot of food photos. I'm not a phone or photography pro, I'm just an average user - one of the masses who they are supposed to be catering for - and my life is more difficult now. The opposite of technological advancement. I dislike this new way I'm opting to never buy a Samsung again unless they change something for the better. 

0 Likes
Captzoot
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Mine has disappeared with the new phone update too! Not happy 

0 Likes
grumpy_ex_sailor
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Portrait is not live focus. Its neither as user friendly or capable. Just another reason to replace with an iphone next time... and i hate apple
0 Likes
Mikana_Mirka
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I have a Samsung A 71 and i have no live focus! 😰😭😡

0 Likes