Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't power on

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 10:40 AM)
NEvans
First Poster
Options

I have a Android s21.  It recently updated, I believe yesterday (Aug. 23).  I was able to use it yesterday and mostly today up until recently.  It just powered down and went black. There was still around 70% battery power.  I held down home button for 10 seconds, and even 30 seconds but nothing.  I did the hard reset and held buttons down, volume up, down and home, for both the 10 seconds and 30 seconds.  Again nothing.  I held down the 3 buttons again 30 seconds, then released volume up and down, and still nothing.  

I can feel the vibrate when I plug my phone into charge.  Its been charing for 30+ minutes and still nothing.  

I'm not sure what else can be done.  Any suggestions, feedback on whats going on? Is this because of the recent update? Or did my phone just complete die for no reason?  

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The best option now is to let a Samsung Engineer have hands on with the phone @NEvans 

You appear to have pretty much tried what you can do yourself.

hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s21/ 

If successful a Hard Reset will delete your stored information om the phone.

Do carry out a Google Search to see if there is anything further you can perform.

It may or may not be in connection to the software update or instead may also be a hardware problem.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Doorstep Repair Service can help.

Samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

Samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
This is exactly what happened to my regular S21
So it just randomly turned off but strangely in reboot mode not fully turning on even though I attempted to safemode via volume button and power button

Turned out it's faulty so my network provider couldn't get a replacement of that device so I have S21+ instead
0 Likes