Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone will lock in 24 hours.

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 02:11 PM)
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
I just wondered, as I've not seen any recent posts from people about to get locked out of their phone by Samsung, if this has all been sorted out now, and if those people who had money taken from their bank account get a refund (and an apology)?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @woodlouse 

How and why would Samsung lock someone out of their phone ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
You tell me! But judging by the amount of posts from people recently who were absolutely disgusted that this had happened to them, I just wondered if it had all been sorted out.
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
A common reason is when a purchase price includes a discount against a trade in, but they have not received the item within the specified time frame.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@woodlouse 

Can you link to an example of these posts please.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware if a person accepts a trade in offer then if the to be traded in phone does not arrive to Samsung then they'll request that the initial discount given on the new phone is paid.

I've not known Samsung to imei lock / blacklist a phone as only a network can do this.

0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Don't know how to post a link, however, these posts seem to have started in the 1st couple of weeks in October if that's any help. This was also affecting people who had bought direct from Samsung with no trade in. Perhaps someone else could verify that this happened.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

The Trade In Team do have the option of remotely locking a device purchased through the Trade In Programme if the customers existing handset is not received in the allotted window. We did receive a few reports from customers who had their new phones locked in error, however this has since been addressed by the Trade In Team. 

0 Likes