Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone ring without any reason

(Topic created on: 07-02-2022 05:24 PM)
Daniel Anton
Journeyman
Options

Hello, one week ago i make update to my s21 and from that i have a issue, the phone ring in the morning and afternoon without any reason. I make factory reset And same problem, all the time I have to restat the phone.

79 REPLIES 79
Blueboy68
Journeyman
Options
I reported on this error about a year ago. That alone suggests that Samsung is not committed to supporting customers or learning from their feedback. The whole point of the surprise ringtone is that it is NOT associated with any app. My suggestion is that it arises from an app which has a bespoke internal ringtone which for some reason is not accessible until the user 'completes' the update. Thus the OS substitutes a system ringtone. I don't want to be unfair to Samsung because Google and many other tech Giants have extraordinarily poor feedback systems. Also Samsung pay plus is easily the best card payment method for all sorts of reasons
0 Likes
Famuex
First Poster
Options

What app can do that? 

0 Likes
Famuex
First Poster
Options

Since then till now no more rings? 

0 Likes
Famuex
First Poster
Options

Did it stop completely? 

0 Likes
Blueboy68
Journeyman
Options
It rang. So "Did it stop completely?" doesn't make any sense. So probably you're a bot. The ringtone seems to be a default tone when an update hasn't completed.
0 Likes
Famuex
First Poster
Options

Oh sorry my case is different. Wasn't updating any app all my apps are up to date and I still get that sound 

0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
logcat sorry just seen this i dont use a samsung as my main phone anymore.
0 Likes
Oshuntommy
First Poster
Options

How did you solve the issue? I have the same problem too with exactly the same ring tone

0 Likes
Famuex
First Poster
Options

So apparently what I did didn't solve my issue completely it solved it for a day and now same thing but try what I did sha. I waited for it to ring the same time, I checked the last app I used, I force stop it and uninstall the app and reinstall the latest version. That's all

0 Likes
Vandrome
First Poster
Options

This is my 3rd Samsung(a fold 4) and this issue started a few months after I got it. Strangely, it never happens at night and would typically happen at 3 mins after random hours (not exclusively). I have applied OS and application upgrades to no avail, and my notification history shows nothing untoward. Funny enough, my colleagues A series Samsung has the same issue and our phones tend to ring at same time sometimes.

What I have done recently was to deep-sleep all my apps and for 3 days it didn't happen. Last night I removed a few apps from deep sleep and it has rung twice  today already. At least I'm sure it has to do with an app.

I have moved most of the apps back to deep sleep and would gradually restore them while nothing the changes until I identify the culprit. Once I do, I'd be back to update y'all.

0 Likes