Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone restarting for no reason.

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 10:24 PM)
afals
Explorer
Options
Is there any point in me reporting the issue of my device restarting several times a day(for reasons unbeknown to me and Samsung repairs) via Samsung Members if after 5 factory resets and having been sent in for 'repairs' twice, to be told it's a third party app that's causing the issue(how come if I hadn't installed any apps on it when I had it back the second time and it was still turning itself off and crashing), when I only got the phone in August 2021. My service network want me to send it in for repairs woth them now.. what's the bloody point!!!! They'll only send it back and tell me the same as Samsung did 'nothing found'.

If it is a third party app. Then why is this happening on this device? And not my older Samsung? 

Sick of it. Pathetic that people are paying such money for a phone that doesn't work as it should! 
37 REPLIES 37
afals
Explorer
Options
Sure. It's 5.4.129-22936777-abG991BXXu3BUKG
0 Likes
deano75
Explorer
Options
I'm on my 2nd handset its less than a week old and doing the same as the first one
0 Likes
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
No problem. It drove me nuts too. Its a problem with a chip in the phone, don't waste ur time trying different things.. get on samsung or your network providers case. You should be covered by your warranty and/or statutory rights. They took my phone 3 times and returned it saying there was no fault with it, so I basisically emailed about 100 screenshots from different forums of people complaining about the same thing and threatened to go to trading standards as there's clearly a big issue with the s21 models and Samsung are trying to deny it!.. Next thing I got an email saying they were sending me a new handset and to give the courier my buggered one. You gotta fight them but if u create enough noise they'll reluctantly sort it out! 😒
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
This ongoing story truly is appalling. S21's with this switching on and off issue in my opinion following a lot of research CANNOT BE FIXED. I believe it is a screen activation defect and any phone so affected should be replaced especially if an attempted repair proves fruitless. It is all SO unfair on all you good people out there paying good money for Samsung's flagship phone and ending up embroiled in an infuriating anxiety inducing stressful nightmare. I own a flawless S21 Ultra 512 Gb on EE and I love the phone. It never let's me down and excels in every way especially the fantastic camera and I would trust it with my life so why is this not the experience you poor people out there are having?... Because you should be. Keep strong guys and don't stop pushing until you have an S21 that performs flawlessly. Or at least your hard earned money back. I am afals Dad so this issue is a personal source of anger for me and I am proud of my Daughter for not giving up on this issue despite the ridiculous brush offs she is facing. I fear I would not have been so patient.
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
I totally agree.. its really wrong samsung are trying to deny there's an issue, when clearly there is.. and a big one!!
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
Return it.. they have to exchange it in store within 30 days. Its worth doing, when u get 1 that works they're great phones.
0 Likes
deano75
Explorer
Options
Thats just it the 1st one did work without any problems until the update
0 Likes
afals
Explorer
Options
You're a legend!!!! I didn't like to be a pain but this is a pain in the ass and it's their problem to sort out. Honestly, thank you!
0 Likes