Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone restarting for no reason.

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 07:00 PM)
afals
Explorer
Options
Is there any point in me reporting the issue of my device restarting several times a day(for reasons unbeknown to me and Samsung repairs) via Samsung Members if after 5 factory resets and having been sent in for 'repairs' twice, to be told it's a third party app that's causing the issue(how come if I hadn't installed any apps on it when I had it back the second time and it was still turning itself off and crashing), when I only got the phone in August 2021. My service network want me to send it in for repairs woth them now.. what's the bloody point!!!! They'll only send it back and tell me the same as Samsung did 'nothing found'.

If it is a third party app. Then why is this happening on this device? And not my older Samsung? 

Sick of it. Pathetic that people are paying such money for a phone that doesn't work as it should! 
37 REPLIES 37
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can everyone confirm who their carrier is and if their device is carrier branded?
0 Likes
afals
Explorer
Options
Hello thank you for your message. Auto restart is off
oooohhhhhhhh
Pioneer
Options
I was going to buy an s21 next week, I think I will leave it for now 😱
0 Likes
afals
Explorer
Options
Definitely!!! Unless you enjoy pulling your hair out. Try the Ultra?
afals
Explorer
Options
This device isn't carrier branded but I am on a 36 month contract with O2, I purchased the phone through them- but they have been zero help in trying to resolve the issue.
0 Likes
oooohhhhhhhh
Pioneer
Options
My hair has already been pulled out 😂
0 Likes
afals
Explorer
Options
😂😂 oops, after I posted that I thought I should have put more thought into my words lol. Sorry.
Still do not recommend the S21 though😂😂
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
Hi, I had this problem on my s21 ultra. It is a manufacturing error.. no amount of resetting, uninstalling apps, clearing cache or putting in safe mode will fix it im afraid! I tried everything and in the end managed to get Samsung to swap my handset for a new 1.. no issues with this one. Its massively annoying but I collated evidence to build a case that there is a problem with the OS on the 21 series. Samsung eventually conceded that there is a hardware fault and exchanged it. Good luck 😬
afals
Explorer
Options
Thank you!!!! I have been logging in my notes EVERY SINGLE TIME it resets, glitches, crashes etc.
Thank you for sharing this with me. I really have tried everything(including sending the device in for repairs and factory resetting my phone). I shall persevere with getting to the root of this- really appreciate your reply! Thanks again 😊
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could you please tell me your kernel number? Settings, about phone, software information.
0 Likes