Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone restarting for no reason.

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 06:32 PM)
afals
Explorer
Options
Is there any point in me reporting the issue of my device restarting several times a day(for reasons unbeknown to me and Samsung repairs) via Samsung Members if after 5 factory resets and having been sent in for 'repairs' twice, to be told it's a third party app that's causing the issue(how come if I hadn't installed any apps on it when I had it back the second time and it was still turning itself off and crashing), when I only got the phone in August 2021. My service network want me to send it in for repairs woth them now.. what's the bloody point!!!! They'll only send it back and tell me the same as Samsung did 'nothing found'.

If it is a third party app. Then why is this happening on this device? And not my older Samsung? 

Sick of it. Pathetic that people are paying such money for a phone that doesn't work as it should! 
37 REPLIES 37
nikki71
Student
Options
No not yet been told to wait for next update samsung didn't really help at all
0 Likes
deano75
Explorer
Options
Not sure the 1st s21 is about 10 months old kept re starting so went to samsung they replaced most of the inside of the phone got home re installed everything it was even worse got on to o2 my network and after a week they sent a brand new phone and within 6 hours of un boxing it the new update downloads and it is the same all over again but before the update everything worked brilliant
0 Likes
afals
Explorer
Options
That sucks. I feel the same, so many people are having the same issue with this device yet it's like Samsung(or your network provider, who provided the device)aren't listening.
I hope the new update sorts it out for you though 🤞🏼
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Reset your phone
2. Manually add your apps.
3. Check for any other updates in both stores.

Wait a week for the phone to finish optimising.

That's it really.
afals
Explorer
Options
Och! That is well annoying!!!! That does sound like a software issue then doesn't it. However saying that, it shouldn't be happening when you're paying for the phone.
0 Likes
deano75
Explorer
Options
Full factory reset ?
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
A full reset is a last resort
If still have major issues
If do a reset Be sure
((( To back up phone )))

And check your apps for updates
afals
Explorer
Options
Can't thank you enough for all your help and advice!! Really hope one of your solutions does the trick
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes . Would be advisable .
Do A backup of your important stuff.

But after reset would be best if you start the phone as fresh and only get your photos from the cloud if you have and nothing else.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Have you checked ur settings? Would you have by chance turned on auto restart if so that might be an issue.