Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone reboots itself

(Topic created on: 24-02-2023 10:04 AM)
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
It first happened last year after a software update. It kept happening for a few months, then stopped
It started again a few weeks ago, constantly rebooting itself and it doesn't matter if I'm using it or not.

I've done diagnostic cheeks several times and it shows everything is alright.

Also when I'm talking on it, the speakers alternate. First I can hear the other person through the top speaker, then through the bottom, not both at the same time.

I'm lucky to have been able to type this, without it rebooting. Maybe it's because I started after a reboot. My first attempt crashed. 
Please help.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
whoabra
Journeyman
Options

Many people are having issues with last update, even this problem.

Welcome onboard..

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @PrincessDonna and @whoabra ,

We found that the restarting may occur because of a SW problem after an update to the recent T OS SW version. It is confirmed that the malfunctions is caused by the AppSearch solution related to Google Android server updates.

We are working urgently with the Google team to apply a hotfix to address the problem.

Applied new hotfix on the Google server is being distributed to the whole server sequentially by Google team. It may take some time for improvement to be applied to all the target devices. Please keep in mind that even after the hotfix has been reflected on the server, restarting may occur  1 time while using the device.

Restarting manually or automatically can also be performed to fix the problem on the device.

In regard to the speaker issue, do this only happen in calls? Would you be able to run the following test and let me know the results? Head into the Samsung Members app> Support> Phone diagnostics> Speaker.

0 Likes
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
I'm really fed up of this phone now. It still keeps switching itself off and on again. I can't complete a task, if it takes over 5 minutes. I should have stayed with the Note 8, I never had this problem.. I'll have to get rid of this phone as soon as possible. 
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you @PrincessDonna 

I see you created a post here > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/phone-reboots-itself which @TessM replied to try and help.

Unfortunately I see from this post your still encountering issues.

Have you tried any other forms of troubleshooting  ?

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
I have done the diagnostic tests, multiple times and it always shows everything is fine.

As for the speaker problem, I've only noticed it in calls, swapping from top to bottom all the time. That also shows it's fine, in the diagnostic tests.
I'm also fed up of my apps moving about and putting themselves in folders, which miraculously create themselves.
0 Likes