Mazzyb
First Poster
Options
I ported my old number but the phone is sending txtsfrom the number on the sim
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Mazzyb: That's strange. How long ago did you port the number? If you head to Settings > About phone, does it show the correct number here? Try powering off your device, remove the SIM, give the gold contacts a rub, then put it back in and power the phone back on. If the issue persists, please reach out to your network provider and request a SIM swap, as this should resolve the problem. 

0 Likes
Mazzyb
First Poster
Options
Hi I ported the number about 3 weeks ago. Number in about phone is the number on the sim not my old number. I have tried taking sim out but will try again. I have requested a new sim but when I put this is it says it is not registered I think I need to ring them again. Thank you for your help
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like your old number hasn't been ported correctly if at all? Definitely call them to confirm
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You can change the displayed number in the Messaging app settings (in Google Messages it's in advanced settings). I had the same issue with Tesco Mobile for months until they finally updated their systems. I switched from O2 which technically is the same network infrastructure too as Tesco Mobile use O2.,
0 Likes