Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone lost in transit to Samsung Repair Centre

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 11:01 AM)
Ian82
First Poster
Options
Nearly 3 weeks ago my S21 ultra had a huge crash, locked in safe mode, the time and date showing a month previously,  not accepting my security or anything. Even what Samsung experts told me to do over the phone did not work. However by the time DPD arrived I had found a way to factory reset the phone - more not giving up than anything, as Samsung warned if it is not factory reset they might not be able to do anything, especially if my security details where still on there, as I can't give them my security details, even if I offered them. So hurdle 1 - sorted.
So off to Samsung went my phone. DPD gave me a box and a receipt as proof of me sending my phone to them. I heard nothing for a week, then I had a missed call from Samsung, I tried calling back but service centre was closed, this happened twice, so over 2 weeks on, I had received no update. 
So this morning I rang again, and currently I have nothing against Samsung please don't think I have, and a very helpful young man finally got through to the Service centre for an update, to be told my phone is lost; never turned up at the service centre. However fortunately I tracked the package so I know it did arrive. I was asked to send an email with all this proof which I have.

Now told it could be 10 days or more for an 'investigation', but whatever happens I won't 'lose out'. I have already not had my phone for 3 weeks, fortunately a have been able to borrow a 6 year old phone - I guess it shows me how far technology has moved on...

My question to the community is, what does not 'lose out' mean? Has anyone been in this situation before and how was it resolved for you? 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
tescoboy
Student
Options
Yeah my phone crashed twice couldn't be fixed. Sent it back and Samsung couldn't find it the kept telling me it hadn't arrived, but I'd had tracking and a photo off it arriving. Anyway I kept phoning everyday. Useless until I got a man who took ownership of the problem he was brilliant and I had a new phone within a week. Yeah they do say 10 days investigation and that's normally what it took with mine more like 13 days but that's because customer service is so bad and you just go round in circles. Good luck bit you will not need look
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Depends on who paid the postage if it was prepaid by Samsung returns label then Samsung are liable.

If the return was funded by yourself then it reaching its destination is on you.
0 Likes
Ian82
First Poster
Options
Samsung paid the return, via DPD.
0 Likes
Ian82
First Poster
Options
Well I don't mind a little fight, if 'not lose out' means a new phone. Good to know your result, even if it took a while also.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
You'll get a replacement phone is what you'll not loose out means.

All companies do an investigation on lost items unfortunately its always the customer who has to wait. Let them have there 10 days then ask for a resolution.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ian82: I'm really sorry to hear that your phone has been lost in transit. If you have been in touch with our Help Desk, then please be assured that an internal investigation will be carried out, with the aim of recovering your Galaxy S21 Ultra. In the event that the phone cannot be recovered then an alternative resolution will be offered, such as a refund or replacement, so this is what was meant when you were told that you wouldn't lose out. 

0 Likes
Ian82
First Poster
Options
It has been now 10 days since I started this thread following my phone being lost. And not heard anything else, after I was told an investigation would take place. Is this normal, or do I start getting (more) worried?
0 Likes
Jayzola
First Poster
Options

What happened after all? The same is happening to me right now! 

0 Likes
martym
First Poster
Options
Mine has gone missing to. I hope they send me the latest model if it is lost.
0 Likes