Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps turning off

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 05:12 PM)
Patio
Student
Options
Hi I have the S21 ultra 5g in the UK and it keeps turning off or just restarting randomly could any help as to why this keeps happening.  Looking at Google it seems a very common fault.
Help.please.
Patio.
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
purplesquirrel
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys I just wanted to mention that something similar happened to my S21. And in my case it was related to they way I charged my phone. So I had this very long zoom meeting and my phone was dying so I plugged my phone to a USB port extender. My phone was charging super slow probably for an hour or two. After that the random shutting down started non stop. I  restarted, clean the phone app cache, nothing worked.  I found the solution on this page https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002035/ Just properly charge your phone. So I just turned my phone off and plugged to my Anker fast charger  and let it plugged until it hit the 85% (I have that option on to extend the barterry life) And this fixed the problem . Hope it helps! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M5C86NL/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeAS...  

0 Likes
Martin Marthinsen
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with my S21! have you found a solution?

0 Likes
Martin Marthinsen
First Poster
Options

How did it go? did it help?

0 Likes
imattultra1
First Poster
Options
Anybody got any idea?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@imattultra1 

Have you tried Safe Mode  ?

And > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Blinky1030
First Poster
Options

My S21 has also been shutting off and I cleared the partition and the cash I even lowered my data by deleting a lot of apps and nothing helps.

0 Likes
Biniam_Abraha
Journeyman
Options

Hello, long time to ask but. I experienced similar issue. I have S21 ultra ordered as pre-order. These two weeks I see new behavior. It turns off itself with or without charging. I press power button with volume down nothing. I reset (format) all data regardless backing up, still same. If sometime turns on then I run to switch to Safe Mode, but it doesn't restart. I finally took to Samsung branch the find out the battery is very weak and must be replaced. They replaced a new one, but still this problem occurs. What do you think could be the solution?

0 Likes