Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone incorrectly blocks legitimate numbers

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 09:04 AM)
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
Samsung galaxy S21 Ultra, is blocking the number of my (useless) energy provider so I can't sort out issues with my account. My phone does not ring, and I am notified of a voicemail to then see that a "fraudulent number" has tried to contact me in my call history. How do we add the numbers to a safe list? When I click the number it asks about calendar permissions. Really very annoying for an already annoyed individual!
7 REPLIES 7
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Sounds like you may have added the number to your block list.

Try going to...

Phone call - settings - block numbers

Check the list (if there is a list) and see if the provider's number is there, if it is, remove it off the list.
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
I hadn't, I checked that and the list of numbers there were all from call centres pretending to be from the carphone warehouse or HMRC. The number was just flagged automatically as suspicious by that Hiya app
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try saving the number under contacts
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
That's what I did to get around it as a quick fix, but really i should have been able to mark it as not being a scam directly
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Probably lot of people marked it as scam 🤷
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
Lol, it's my energy provider, I know they're not great at customer relations but they're not that bad 😅
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm sure if lot of people reported the number as scam then it might get picked up as such.
0 Likes