Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Heating

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 05:18 PM)
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi, this is purely a post out of curiosity. How hot does your phone have to get for the overheating sign to come up? 
Just asking because I was on a train and in the carriage I was sat in, it was boiling because there was a fault with the heating. And because the train was busy I couldn't exactly go and sit in another carriage. Therefore, because it was just over an hour journey I was on my phone for basically the whole trip and because of that and how warm it was in the carriage my phone got quite hot aswell. Yet the overheating message did not come up which I was surprised about. So thats why it got me wondering how hot does your phone have to get before the overheating symbol comes up. 

*Also just to confirm in case anyone reading this doesn't understand. Its not a fault with my phone. My phone is perfectly healthy, its just I was in a warm part of the train and constantly on my phone to distract me so thats why it got hot. Not a problem with the phone at all😊
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Your phone Maria is a strong well built device that can handle extremes of background temperature very well. Your phone also has an advanced inbuilt internal temperature monitoring system with a safety margin built in to the extent that should your phone ever display the phone overheating warning sign you can be sure that this has been activated WELL before the point where any long term physical damage has occurred. You should always make sure though that there is no sign of your battery swelling in any way as this is a very serious situation that may not be flagged up in overheating terms but this is very very rare thankfully.
In summary Maria my advice to you is te keep using your phone in hot conditions without worry as it has it's inbuilt protection system against overheating which will only be activated in extreme circumstances for most people or when a device is optimizing or maybe after a non beneficial software update or when gaming or video recording excessively in extreme temperatures. Just enjoy your phone Maria and rest assured that it can truly look after itself. Very well.
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for advice, I can see it is strong for sure 😊 Phone is on 60% now despite heavy usage plus getting quite warm on the train (due to how warm the carriage of the train was that I was sat in). I wasnt worried Im just keen to learn more about it as I have never ever owned a flagship so for me seeing different ways and different things Im getting used to make me asks questions about it in curiosity.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
To be a person with a naturally inquisitive mind who respects and values her possessions are all good qualities that you obviously have Maria. I have had my S21 Ultra for a little over a year now yet I am still learning new things about it all the time. Modern flagship phones really are technological marvels to me. 👍