Solved! Go to Solution.
I am having the same problem
This is great...if you can get the apps to move out of pending mode. I am to the point of factory reset. Since I can't uninstall and reinstall these programs or force download,what can I do? My internet is fine. I have tried WiFi and Mobile 4G. Nothing. Update is enabled. I REALLY need access to my work apps.
So..apparently posting on this board is magical! After 2 days it downloaded!
Adding these to the thread in case they help folks:
Updating Google Play Store
1. Open Play Store app
2. Open the Hamburger Menu (three lines at the top left)
3. Tap My Apps and Games
4. Tap Updates
5. Tap Update All
6. Restart your phone
Update Webview and Chrome
1. Open the Play Store app (If there is an issue of opening/ searching in Play store go to Guide “Force Closing Google Pay “
2. Search for: Android System WebView
3. Select the app in the Play Store and then choose to update it. (If the option to update is not available in the Play Store, the app is de-activated and you should follow steps a - e below, before continuing to step 4.)
a. Open Settings in your phone and then select Apps.
b. Find Chrome, select it, and deactivate the app.
c. Reopen the Play Store app and follow Steps 2 & 3 as the update option now should be available for Android System WebView app.
d. After the update is completed, open settings in the phone again and then select Apps.
e. Again, find Chrome, select it and choose to activate the app.
4. Now open the Play Store app and search for Chrome.
5. Select the app in the Play Store and then choose to update it if an update is available. If there are no available updates to Chrome, then you already have the latest version installed.
6. Restart your device.
Force Closing Google Play
If update get stuck in play store when searching for updates, just spinning and not finding anything. This can be solved by force closing Google Play Store, so just test the following;
1. Open Settings
2. Go to Apps
3. Open Apps and find App Google Play Store
4. Tap Storage and clear Data and Cache
5. Return to App details
6. Click Force quit
7. Relaunch Play Store (might take a while to open as all data has been cleared)
8. Go back and follow step 1-6 from guide “Update Webview and Chrome”
If Android Webview Beta is installed on your device
Manually uninstall updates of the Beta app by:
3. Search Webview
4. Tab Android System
5. Webview Beta
6. Tap more (three vertical dots)
7. Uninstall updates
8. And then carry out updating official Webview app to the latest version.
(Also temporarily marked as a 'solution' so more peeps can see it.)
Many thanks for all the replies to my post - they are really appreciated.
The option (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview) worked for me and I now have access to the word games I love [they keep the brain active!].
I have kept a copy of this chain for future reference - just in case!
Once again, my thanks to all.