Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PATTERN SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING on Galaxy S21

(Topic created on: 18-12-2022 03:55 PM)
AndroidUserHello
Apprentice
Options

Hi Everyone,

Please know that your support on this is highly appreciated. 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S21.

Today in the morning I suddenly noticed that my pattern has stopped working. I was able to use the Fingerprint to log in but as most of you know, every 48 hours it requires you to log in with the Pattern once. I am 100 to 200% sure that the pattern I tried was correct as I've used the same pattern for more than a year now. I did not go into a Coma or anything to forget my pattern overnight LOL :face-with-tears-of-joy:

So since this was going to anyways ask me the pattern after 48 hours, I googled for a bit and the first solution was to re-boot the phone. This is where everything went south. Now I'm unable to log in with the pattern because after every restart, it needs the pattern. I cannot lose the data on this. I know my password to the gmail account that is synced with the phone as well.

Please is there anyway I can get through this without losing my data? I've been rebooting the phone for hours, trying my pattern and now its on lock out for 10 minutes. 

Why does this happen? is this like a bug on Samsung phones? Please help me out. You're a savior if you can do this for me.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@AndroidUserHello: If you are currently unable to unlock your device using your chosen security method, then you may be able to regain access using Find My Mobile.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

If you sign in using the Samsung account details that are registered to the phone, and if Remote Unlock is enabled on your Galaxy S21, then you should be able to unlock the device from here. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
AndroidUserHello
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

Really appreciate you commenting on the thread. 

But unfortunately, I never signed into creating a Samsung account on the phone. All I had was a synced and working Gmail account that is associated with my Playstore. Therefore, I wont be able to use the Samsung account to remove the pattern.

Any other suggestions? I would really appreciate it. 

And is this some sort of bug? why does the phone suddenly forget the current Pattern for no absolute reason? 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you set a pin? Can you use that?
0 Likes
AndroidUserHello
Apprentice
Options

No. I only have Fingerprint and the pattern.

And by design, after every reboot you need to log in with the pattern once and not fingerprint. 

I really thought, this was an intermittant issue, if I had known that this was a common issue/bug I definitely would've created a Samsung account and removed the pattern from there itself. I rebooted thinking that it would fix it.

0 Likes