Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 09:21 PM)
Kenetix
First Poster
Options
Hi everyone can u pls help me on how to fix this issue. If im gonna use the mobile data my phone gets overheat. Tnx
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Firstly, restart the phone. If unsuccessful, try clearing your phone system cache and if that doesn't work, back up your data and factory reset the phone 🤓
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Also look for apps that are CPU-intensive and uninstall/disable them. In addition, turn off background data for said apps, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc..
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A poor signal can put a strain on batteries but I haven't seen a device overheating as a result unless there are other apps causing the issue. Can you post your battery stats? Does the phone tell you it's overheating or is it hot when you touch it?
0 Likes
Kenetix
First Poster
Options
It is hot when i touch and the signal is only 2 bars but its 4g
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Some say if the phone feels hot it's because the heat is dissipating. There's an app on Play store called HW Info. Can you install and check out the battery temperature when it gets hot and report back with what temperature it shows. In the meantime, clear system cache and if you can upload a screenshot of your battery stats, we can check for any rogue apps.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try 3g for a day and see if it helps.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Of course that would help. 3g is less power demanding...
Sorry but this is like saying go back to 2g and abandon mobile broadband altogether.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I have definitely noticed that persistent attempts to use mobile broadband in poor/S21 poor signal areas creates overheating and kills the battery. Yet again, something else with the S21 that Samsung ****ed up.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Recently I have noticed my phone heats up with 5g even though its a good signal.
But I don't use phone much outside so will see how it goes.
I specifically ordered a 5g sim so don't feel like going back to 4g.
Also in the winter it would be nice to have something warm down there .😁
0 Likes