Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 04:39 PM)
skyray29
Journeyman
Options
My new Samsung galaxy s21 ultra is overeating quickly, even if there is now app on the background is running.
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

How new is the phone @skyray29 

I'm asking as the phone could still be updating and adjusting to your usage habits.

In the early stages your battery will also be still learning.

There are threads on the forum in regards to phone's overheating.

A phone is overheating if you get a message onscreen and typically forces an auto shutdown.

Other than that it's warming up due to internal processes and the heat is being channeled away from the chipset by the phone's internal cooling system.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My S21 Ultra got very warm indeed at first skyray29 especially on initial setup and when using the camera. The phone has to learn and adjust to your usage habits from day one as BandOfBrothes mentions above and the Exynos 2100 is a very very powerful chip (which many people still overlook for whatever reason) and can work hard and learn fast and I knew that any thermal problems at first should ease with use. This it most certainly did. Especially the camera which I really used hard after it's initial bedding in period. My phone is now quick and slick and very cool running some three months after purchase especially camera wise which was the most important thing for me personally as I bought the phone primarily for it's camera. I am now very happy I didn't panic and take the phone back or whatever in it's hot worrying youth but I would not criticise anyone who took their phone back as it is one hell of an expensive investment after all and it is worrying when your new mega costly phone gets hot in use. My advice is to give your new phone time to settle down skyray29. I must add that my phone never actually overheated to the point it shut itself down. If it had done this on more than one occasion I may have considered an exchange unit. I hope your phone starts running cooler soon skyray29 and that you really enjoy using it as I am now enjoying mine. 👍👍
0 Likes
skyray29
Journeyman
Options
Thanks a lot my friend, it's strange last night i was using the smart view feature to see my show on the tv screen then after 30 minutes it overheated and shut its down, it was like a piece of hot pie 🥧,. I find this strange compared to all Android phone that I have owned before. I don't know.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I have owned several Samsung flagship phones over the years skyray29 and have never had any of the phones overheat on me. This has always been a strong suit with Samsung phones. They just need to make sure that their software keeps up with their rampant hardware improvements step by step and not lagging a little as it is at the moment in my opinion. Snapdragon versions of the S21 are overheating also so it is not exclusively an Exynos chip problem.👍👍
0 Likes
skyray29
Journeyman
Options
So, what you are suggesting is to give it a time until it settles down?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Keep checking for software updates.
The latest ones are either the April or May update depending where you are in the world.

The software updates help cool the phone as well.
Also if you don't use 5g turn it to just lte in the mobile connection settings.
Hoping after all syncing is finished it should be OK.
0 Likes
skyray29
Journeyman
Options
Thanks a lot for your advice. All the best
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
The phone could however just be faulty, sorry. S21s seem to have issues with heat that effect some much more than others.
0 Likes