Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 06:16 PM)
Rae
Journeyman
Options
Hey everyone,

Last night my S21 ultra become very hot.
 My battery, ram and storage where fine. 

Just watching videos, the phone become super hot which, wasn't a issue with the s10 or my s20 ???

I don't have many games maybe 3 - 4 tops 
It wasn't on charge 
My room was cold my heating isn't working at the moment 

I'm stumped ! 

Any suggestions as to why my phone temperature is so hot I cannot hold it ? 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Heart
First Poster
Options
Hi sorry i can't even be a help I'm having the same problem 😕 it's not good it gets hot really quickly mabe put it in the Fridge for a quick cool down that's what i did sorry agen
Rae
Journeyman
Options
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 water resistant yh. I take it your joking, but yes last night it was that hot 🔥 it would crack the glass shelve in the fridge 😅
0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I factory reset mine and manually installed all my apps and my over heating has gone on the aub9 software update.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My advice to you Rae is to just hang on in there and give your phone time to settle and optimize. Mine (S21 Ultra Exynos 512Gb) got too warm and the battery behaved weird at first but now it is settling down very well indeed and is running cool and has great battery life and charges as fast as lightning and I am glad I stuck with it and didn't take it back as I wanted to at one point. Obviously Rae the fact that you cannot physically hold the thing though is not something that should be reoccurring. Has it given you the phone overheating message yet?.. If it is and there is no sign of this issue resolving even a little only then I would seek a replacement. Good luck to you either way. 👍
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Good luck to you Heart. I hope your phone settles down and cools down as mine has after two weeks. It worried me at first but now my confidence in it is returning. It is not fair that people like us are investing serious money in a phone that is causing us so much stress and worry. 👍
izzybat
First Poster
Options
I'm having same problem 😕but my phone is samsung galaxy note 10 lite
0 Likes
Rae
Journeyman
Options
it's a shame because for me, the difference between the s20 ultra and s21 ultra isn't major so to just have what I had without the overheating would be great. Its such a shame when you upgrade to a downgrade
Rae
Journeyman
Options
Lots of people are advising a factory reset, I just can't be fussed to go though all that trouble. If you do go for it, make sure you let us know how it went?
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I hope and believe that your problems will get sorted one way or the other Rae and you will really appreciate your S21 for the great bit of kit it truly is. I am holding onto this hope also and I came from a Note 9 which I still hold in the highest esteem as that phone never let me down once until it started having charging problems following a software update at the end of it's two year contract period. Strange timing that though. All the best to you Rae. I wish you the best of luck. 👍👍