Apprentice
Options
My s21 ultra keeps over heating can anyone help please thanks 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
So with regard to Overheating, this would mean the device powering down stating its too hot.

Heating when using the device is normal, things like Video calls, gaming video processing, basically anything that causes a heavy load for the internals will create heat, since devices don't have vents the only way to cool the phone is by the internal cooling system which is on the edges of the device. So really the phone heating when doing heavy usage tasks is a good sign your cooling system is keeping the heat away from the CPU etc and is doing its job.

There is a difference between heating and overheating. But heating is normal with any mobile device since the only way to cool the device is via the internal system which will take a short time to cool the device down after the heavy tasks have finished.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If your concerned then please do approach a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who can take a look or go to the source who supplied your phone @andy198009 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Be familiar with "device care" in phone settings if you're not familiar with this part of the phone.
Official_Block
Navigator
Options
That is right. Use device care through settings. Settings>Device care.
andy198009
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply the phone doesn't shut down just gets up to 45 celcius when video calling is this normal cheers
0 Likes
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Hi Andy, so this would be what I would consider as normal, yes, anything above 60 I would consider an issue. But it's all depedant on the load you are placing on the device.

This works the same as a laptop, the heavier the load, the hotter it will get and faster the fans have to work, but in a phones cases there is no fan, so take this into account. The cooling system seems like its doing its job of keep hot air from your internals, so i wouldn't worry!
0 Likes
andy198009
Apprentice
Options
OK thank u
KholaI
Options

Hey @andy198009 

If you've enabled Adaptive brightness on your phone I'd suggest switching this off when video calling, as the screen brightness tends to increase during video calls, which can cause the battery to heat up more than usual. To disable this feature, head into Settings > Display > Disable Adaptive brightness.