Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheat

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 12:51 PM)
siwywdc
First Poster
Options
When I using a video chat , camera , charging a battery , using a facebook or browse internet , my samsung get hot .. 
I was trying restart system , clean memory and nothing help 
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When the processor is working, it creates heat, when you charge a battery the phone will get hot and naturally the more you use it the hotter it will get.

Unless you get overheating messages from the phone, your OK.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Make sure your phone is on the latest update.
Also the all apps are updated both in samsung and Google store.
AndrewL
Options

@siwywdc: Some overheating can be expected, especially during extended use, and when using power-intensive apps and games. Please can you take a look at the steps below in an effort to improve the issue?

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

Please can you follow the link below and run through the series of questions/troubleshooting steps, to see if this helps at all?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/is-there-something-wrong-with-my-samsung-mobile-de...

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Sorry but a Premium device should have better thermal management than this. You'd expect this from a generic Chinese clunker from Amazon with a strange brand name on it but not a flagship series phone.
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I am waiting for Samsung to suggest the user wears gloves or keeps ice cubes in close proximity. My S21 has got hotter update after update. The phone is trash.