Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over heating

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 10:11 PM)
hsn
Journeyman
Options
Hey all , i got the s21 ultar 4day ago and i noticed that the battery  decrease quickly and over heating ( more than 30% in 1 hour ) what is the solution, shall i be worried? 
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Sometimes within the first week or so of having a new phone the battery life is unpredictable because it is getting to know your usage patterns. Give it a few more days and then if it is still playing up I would tell whoever you got it from and ask for a replacement. Hope this helps 😊
hsn
Journeyman
Options
thnk , i did it 😊
13eno
Explorer
Options
WOW 6 to 9 on 120hz! Is this on screen time? I'm on 60hz full resolution and getting 4 1/2 hours on screen time! I think mine is defective.
WorldFivestar
Explorer
Options
There does seem to be a mass amount of people with this battery problem so your not alone, I really hope Samsung can fix or at least make some changes to help everyone. it's so underwhelming to have such a powerful phone that you have to charge multiple times a day
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I've already posted here previously about my S21 ultra (256, exynos) heating up like an oven with poor camera performance as a result. 
Replacing to a second unit did not result in significant improvement.

What's obvious is that some people seem to report almost no overheating at all. I began to think all those were people who did not use smart-switch from an old device and were using it fresh. So I decided to test that theory, but instead of doing a factory-reset I went through the everything on the phone to try and get it close to new as possible.

I removed more than 50 apps, deleted hundreds of SMS, deleted thousands of photos and videos and deleted many files I had downloaded over the couple of years I had my S10+. 
The result was very impressive - benchmark test (geekbench, 3Dmark) scores went up ~30%, camera stutter improved significantly and a 15 minutes video resulted in battery temp. of 42 celsius. Before it was easily ~46-47 celsius with obvious performance throttling.

Strange. This strengthens my belief the problem is a software one that is made worse when the phone is clogged up. I have a feeling this will be fixed in the near future. For now, I urge you to try and clean up your phone. And for those of you who haven't purchased an S21 ultra yet, I say - wait a couple of months until this issue is resolved.

ChaddyUK
First Poster
Options
mines OK got loads of stuff on it, not put it down for 12 hours solid installing apps and reconfigure them. there was an update which I installed straight away.
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
overheating rubbish .. s21 ultra all it did was get very hot fry an egg on it hot 🔥 message saying to hot all the time with normal usage google search ..if you used the camera got even hotter ...slowed down all the time after it got so hot ....tried reset etc in the end had for 5 days gave up on it sent back to samsung for full refund and went back to my old S10 5g that has no problems..for £1329 its not good enough from Samsung..... I got a feeling this could be a samung note 7 moment ...so many people i see have same over heating problem samsung have to say something ....
0 Likes
Mus101
Apprentice
Options
I also had an overheating issue, left side whenever camera was in use, got a replacement, same issue. however, when I got a replacement before I installed anything I tried the camera and it kept overheating as usual so the theory of smart switch doesn't holdup.

Can Samsung resolve this with a software update or is this simple a hardware issue?
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've had mine almost a week and never had the overheating message. the only time it got hot was when I set up the phone. now it just gets warm when playing call of duty mobile.
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I just peformed another test. Video on (uhd 60) for 15 minutes - 37 celsius.

The camera still stutters here and there, so thats most likely unrelated to temperature but rather to a software issue. 

0 Likes