Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over heated on power share

(Topic created on: 19-06-2021 04:36 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
My s21 overheated on power share and it switches power share off, will this have damaged the battery or as a one off will I get away with it? Thanks 
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Thank you I just hope it hasn't ruined the battery
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
There is an app
Called Bamowi
That l use that will
Show the phone temp

On the status bar
It won't cool it
But will give a notification
If temperature
is running high and with
Graphs etc on how
Phone is performing
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Thank you do you know if it will have damaged the battery it's only happened this one time
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Don't worry about damaging your battery AshS21 as your phone will shutdown LONG before any damage to your battery has occurred. There is always a safety factor built in to any overheating system in any good modern phone. Just keep an eye on how long it takes for your phone to charge and any excessive drop in how long your battery lasts for but I am sure you will not notice any issues at all. I would avoid power sharing again at least in the short term though. 👍 👍
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Thank you that's good to know, it was also only for about 15-20 mins so I think I'm safe, no not going to charge another phone with it again, to be honest it's probably because I forgot to remove the case from the other phone
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
We all make mistakes Ash21 and we all want to take good care of our phones and it is a big worry for us all if we think our phone has been damaged especially if we have not had it long. I have been tempted to wrap mine up in bubble wrap all day as I have nightmares about dropping the thing even though it has a case and everything!.. lol!.. 🤣🤣.. 👍👍
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Oh I know what you mean, I have had so many problems with phones lately and the s21 is the best phone I have ever had and its perfect, to be honest it's happened before on other phones, one iPhone stopped charging in the night once when we had that 40c summer in 2019, my s20 did it on android auto, I think it's just the fact that it came up with a warning and the rails and camera housing felt very hot (as the s21 has a plastic back) and the battery just seems to be going down quicker but I think it's just my mind has I have been on it alot since and I find the second half of the battery always goes down quicker than the first
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Think I'm safe been home 2 hours it was on 50 and I have been on it an 1 hour 15 mins and it's dropped by 15 so I think I'm all good thanks guys