Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing text sound

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 09:06 AM)
Lozza63
Student
Options
Good morning. I have no outgoing sound when I send a text on my S21and after have Googled how to do it. They say there should be instructions under the text messaging three dots (in settings)but it isn't visible. Am I looking for something that isn't there for this phone? Thank you. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I'm not aware of any setting
On Messages settings
To have sound for outgoing message
Only option for incoming message
0 Likes
Lozza63
Student
Options
Thanks for your message Steve. I looked on YouTube and it shows how to do it but the settings are not there on my phone 🤔
0 Likes
JGM1
First Poster
Options

The outgoing sound is option is located only in your texting app. I use Textra which you can find in the Play Store.  After installing it, tap the 3 dots at the top right. You will see Settings in a list. Tap settings and it will open a new screen.  At this point, you may have to scroll down depending how long your phone is: but at almost the bottom of the screen, you will see "Play Sent Sound". There is circle icon to the right. If the circle icon is not already to "far right" tap it. will turn on "Sent Sound". If the app you're using does not have this function, you can try Textra or some other app which does. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
JGM1
First Poster
Options

The outgoing sound option is located only in your texting app. I use Textra which you can find in the Play Store.  After installing it, tap the 3 dots at the top right. You will see Settings in a list. Tap settings and it will open a new screen.  At this point, you may have to scroll down depending how long your phone is: but at almost the bottom of the screen, you will see "Play Sent Sound". There is a circle icon to the right. If the circle icon is not already to the  "far right," tap it and this will turn on "Sent Sound". If the app you're using does not have this function, you can try Textra or some other app which does. Hope this helps.

0 Likes