Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTG activation/use

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 04:27 PM)
ahusse
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, just got an OTG adaptor to hopefully back up my photos etc on my s21 ultra, but I can't seem to open it on the phone.
Any ideas how to do this?
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ahusse  With the Device connected via OTG should receive a prompt saying connected storage and to tap for USB options ,if wish to change from Default. otherwise  check if it shows up via Device and Battery Care-storage/My Files.   Ensure the OTG is connected securely, may need to reattach and possibly restart Device.   

To transfer photos would need to go to Back up-External Storage.  

A short video here 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ahusse
Journeyman
Options
Thanks @JAMES4578, tried doing the above but when I try to change USB it says Connected device, which is marked.
And then, This device, Unable to switch.
Not sure what to do to get it to work.
Also the video doesn't work
0 Likes
ahusse
Journeyman
Options
Forgot to mention the drop down prompt says: charging device connected via USB
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Need to try and get out of charging mode,can you change Default in Developer options? Seems to be a problem with video in Members App,works fine on the Community website.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
ahusse
Journeyman
Options
I think I've managed to sort it. Thank you for your help
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Can you clarify how it was sorted?

0 Likes
ahusse
Journeyman
Options
Sorry, yes it worked, thank you
Oniyinye
First Poster
Options
I can't find otg connection on my phone
0 Likes