Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT - is this legit?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 11:53 PM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I just received an email from  samsung@innovations.samsungusa.com

Is that a legitimate address for Samsung? 

The deals (in US$ / USA) seem too good to be true. 

I live in the Netherlands and have already pre-ordered my S22 Ultra.

I'm just curious about this email. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Seems legit. I've never received an email from them but the root level domain is samsungusa.com which (after a whois checkup) is actually registered to Samsung's offices in NJ with two members of staff on the contact details.

Hopefully a Samsung moderator here will answer your thread.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I am pretty sure it is legitimate and have received emails from the US myself , however not really relevant for some customers.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kasie
First Poster
Options

The one thing I have noticed is that any web address used by "Samsung" ends in samsungus.com notice the A is missing? Many companies that are not actually affiliated with Samsung will try to get as close to their website address as possible so a lot of people will miss that. This might be a scam or just a company that's not a Corporate affiliate. I would be careful, just my personal opinion. 

0 Likes
KeySmasher
First Poster
Options

I had the same suspicion as the ICANN Lookup of samsungus.com, samsungusa.com and samsung.com had different results in each. But, if you google:
     "samsungusa.com" site:samsung.com
What you get is a result for https://partnerportal.samsung.com/ which then jumps straight to https://partnerportal.samsungusa.com/ so it would seem that at least from this perspective, samsungusa.com is a valid domain of the Samsung corporation (or at least one of its affiliates).

0 Likes
Whatever2022
First Poster
Options

I received and email Friday notifying me that Samsung was hacked in July and that my data was compromised, it came from a "samsungusa.com" email address. Why would Samsung be sending out notifications of a data breach using an email address that raises questions?!!! Does not seem right to me.

I too did an ICANN lookup and the Administrative Contact works for "Samsung Electronics Americal" I am pretty sure there is not an "l" at the end. I agree with Kasi, proceed with caution.

And SAMSUNG, jump in at any time and clarify. It doesn't seem right that an email notifying users of a data breach would not come from a questionable email address. Just saying

0 Likes
dellisone
First Poster
Options

Hi Dave, 

I have received these emails as well and I can't get them to stop. Has anyone in this thread been able to unsubscribe successfully?

I would rather unsubscribe than block the address, but might come to that. I get daily emails that are not relevant and it's frustrating. 

Thanks for any help someone can provide! 🙂 

0 Likes
dellisone
First Poster
Options

To add to this, I bought a samsung tv and registered my email...and now I'm getting bombarded by samsung emails. 

0 Likes
davidwso
First Poster
Options

Thank you for sharing.
Check with the Samsung help desk.   No such promotion exists !!!

0 Likes