Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optical zoom broken again 2021

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 01:27 PM)
Mr_Nobody
Explorer
Options
Was working great after update before this new update which has broken 10 & 3× optical zoom. No joke Samsung has done it again and broken the optical zoom which gives the best photos well not any more I don't understand why they had to mess with the camera as this is the second time now like the last update fixed it and everything was work better than now after this newer version which has made main camera digital zoom @ 10 & 3× not great and very disappointed with this as I love the 10 & 3× optical 3× but it will switch to optical & with in seconds in digital every single time. It now like there is no optical zoom why mess with the camera after all it was working amazing before this June 2021 update. Samsung please please please please fix this and get optical zoom work if I want 10 or 3× optical it should stay on optical and not switch to main. Broken camera it's like the April update were optical was broken and fix optical in May's update and now its worse than ever since June's update. Any one else is they a way to stop main camera doing digital 3× & 10× and it doesn't even show 3×, it 2× 4× yet 10× in list at bottom but no 3×, and it's takes digital zoom with main camera over optical zoom, Samsung fix this issue which you have now broken my camera no optical zoom now I know it broken when you cover main camera digital and use 10× & 3x optical and its dark or black screen as I  cover up main camera digital zoom. Why? Samsung 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Have you tried camera reset
Going camera cog wheel
Reset
Options
See if helps resolve
The issue
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hey @Mr_Nobody, have you tried clearing the cache of the Camera app? Also, please try to restart the phone, as this may rectify the issue 😀
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is a minimum focal distance for the 3x and 10x to kick in . If it's less then the main will kick in.
0 Likes
Gintarass
Student
Options

Photographers will for sure want to use full potential of camera, not leting you to choose lens you want is just fooling customer. Ai will never know what pro use will want

0 Likes