Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneUI needs to open more to customisation.

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 01:29 AM)
TEDK119
Apprentice
Options
Android phones have been historically noted for their ability to customise and allow the user to truly make the device their own. Recently, however, we have been seeing regressions in this aspect. The app icon shape changer has been removed from developer options. There is zero support for third party icok packs on the play store. The icon packs within the galaxy themes store are generally quite abysmal in quality and all of which do not even help third party apps blend in and cause for an inconsistent mess. There needs to more openess to customisation as launchers such as Nova do not provide comfortable user experiences in the form of jumpy animations which take away from the device experience. This should be greatly looked into.
8 REPLIES 8
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Theres a lot of regular people and idi ots using smartphones, if Samsung and other companies didn't simplify the UI and lock down certain features and permissions, there would be a lot of people with broken phones 😂
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

you should install samsung's good lock, from there you have components which let you costumise the phone for good

Archer
TEDK119
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I have been using Good Lock and it's great for the lock screen but when it comes to the home screen icons it doesn't really let me do anything extra. My main premise is being able to change the icons into not only a different shape but the ability to use third party icon packs that are seen on the play store. Prior to oneui 3.0 we were able to change the icon shape in settings actually.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

you should be able to install icon pack or full blown themes from the galaxy store if I am not wrong

Archer
TEDK119
Apprentice
Options
Indeed you can. However not only do these themes generally tend to be of low quality but they also only cover the samsung apps and not the third party app icons like most other icon packs on the play store could do.
0 Likes
Rowan0123
First Poster
Options

Try #Hex_ from the play store, it's £1.99 and you can customise themes to the extreme and different themes come with their own icon packs and shapes. I'm using the AOSP R theme and it gives me stock android looking icons system wide which are circular and I've changed all accent colours to purple which is my favourite at the moment. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
TEDK119
Apprentice
Options
How extensively does this apply to oneui 3.1? Can 3rd party app icons also be changed?
0 Likes
Ameenonline
First Poster
Options

Totally agree with you

0 Likes