Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneUI 4.0 more like 3.1.1 (disappointing)

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 04:54 PM)
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
https://youtu.be/QBFt8Y96ybE

Samsung managed to get android 12 quite quickly considering other versions of android but that came at a cost which means nothings changed apart from the Android version number.. 

More of a OneUI 3.1.1 update with never android.

Was expecting more of a Samsung take on android 12s design,
This is a beta but I really don't see much of an overhaul coming. 

So bored of Samsung's weird and ugly round rectangles and green and blue spinning circles,
Also charging animation looks something out of 2012.
13 REPLIES 13
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
They should concentrate on getting the camera quality right on the Samsung s20 ultra series, than doing a trickle of every month, your camera stability has improved
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Forget about it Samsung no longer cares about your device they won't fix what isn't broken if anything it will push you to the new phone if you want that slight better quality.

Camera quality on exynos s21 is already lacking comparing to Snapdragon and they haven't really fixed that don't think they will.
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Last of the samsungs for me, I'd rather spend my £1400 pounds on scratch cards
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
All depends what you were expecting.. as I guess there will be more tweaks before the final release.
fonix232
Pioneer
Options
So your reason for not buying a Samsung phone in the future is that you're... Unhappy with a beta that is not available in your region, won't even be released for your device, a beta that you've got a cursory overview from a video?
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Not talking about beta ,
0 Likes
fonix232
Pioneer
Options
This post is about the beta...
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
I imagine people want more than tweaks. Overhauled animations, enxynos battery optimisations, new and improved ui elements, android 12 selling points like material you are all what people were expecting, and its not hard to see where they are coming from. Oneui as stayed fairly consistent for 3 years, which isn't a bad thing, but now is a time for a mixup, and without many new changes or features of note, they are going to be left behind.
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
I currently don't have the beta, hopefully in the next few days, but the overview is really all there is. Android 12 is big, and oneui has had a few years of marginal updates, and its really quite disappointing if this is what we have, with little new features of note, and really no changes to ui look or feel.