Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI home prompt

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 12:55 PM)
Donbaba
Apprentice
Options
My home screen keeps displaying one ui and Samsung kids whenever I press the home key to exit any app. See 

Picture below 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Donbaba. It looks as though you haven't set a default home launcher yet (you have a choice of two), so doing this will stop you from getting the options shown in your screenshot.

The steps for doing this are as follows:

Tap on Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Home app > Set the Default Home/Launcher app.

I trust that, after you do this, it will automatically bring up your default launcher.

Donbaba
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks for your prompt response, I have done this even before now but nothing changed, problem persist. See attached photo Screenshot_20221006-135836_Permission controller.jpg
0 Likes
Donbaba
Apprentice
Options
It's still unresolved. Even when I clicked always from the prompt. It's so annoying Screenshot_20221006-141654_Android System.jpg
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

@Donbaba, what happens to the prompt if you choose Samsung Kids as the default option?

I just wanted to see what happens if you toggle between the two options. You could change this back, of course.

Moreover, is Samsung Kids something that you need to have installed on your phone?

0 Likes
Donbaba
Apprentice
Options
So I uninstalled samsung kids and its now resolved. Thank you for your suggestions and being responsive
Sneakerhead
First Poster
Options
I have a s9 and keeps showing this when I press the middle keyScreenshot_20230718-213025_Android System.jpg
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Sneakerhead , Does Donbaba's suggestion of uninstalling Samsung Kids work for you? You should be able to uninstall it by long-pressing the Samsung Kids icon in the app screen and selecting that option.

0 Likes