Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI Home Keeps Stopping S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 10:29 AM)
FN2187
First Poster
Options

Without a note able change to the OS, apps, or hardware, One UI Home keep stopping, and repeats until the phone restarts. Model Number SM-G998U1/DS

I have tried the following:

-Started in safe mode to clear cache and change Home Screen settings. 

-Reset App Settings

-Factory Reset (after restoring the phone using Samsung Cloud, phone was healthy for 6 days. One UI Home started stopping while messaging a contact).

What is the solution?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think your next step is a Samsung Service Centre @FN2187 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
FN2187
First Poster
Options

Update: While trying a factory reset, I did not use restore from Samsung Cloud and selectively updated apps.  While doing this, I found that the One UI Home had an update to version 13.1.03.3.  The factory version of One UI Home for this phone is 13.0.00.79. It works until the update to version 13.1.03.3 is complete.

After the update, the One UI Home begins it's stopping cycle until restart. I managed to get to the app settings and uninstall the update. After rolling back to 13.0.00.79 the phone is back to normal.

Checking for updates using Settings>Software Update>Download and install, it says it is up-to-date. Version G998U1UEU4ZUID. Security patch level September 1, 2021.  I have another S21 Ultra with security patch level April 1, 2022 and version G998USQU5CVCG.  

Could it be that the One UI Home 13.1.03.3 is to advanced for the 4ZUID version that the phone is using?  Why is the security patch level September instead of April?

0 Likes