Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

One UI 5 beta.. Enrolled but no update..

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 09:35 PM)
Dan77
Navigator
Options
Thought I'd start this thread in the hope a community manager can assist..
It seems some people, myself included, meet the criteria for the S21 beta programme, have enrolled, but still aren't seeing the download..
I appreciate the roll out could be gradual, but considering some are reporting enrolling on the programme later than others, and still getting the update almost immediately, it appears there may be an issue.
And it's very annoying more than anything else!!
37 REPLIES 37
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Your right mate it's no classed as an unbranded device it has o2 firmware on it. I'm sure there was a law past a couple of years back that all new handsets had to come unlocked (to take any other network simcard) only way to enroll in the beta is to have the csc BTU.
adiwilko76
Explorer
Options
I have a Vodafone S21 Ultra SM-G998B version but it's unlocked to any network. The One UI 5 beta banner is not showing in Samsung Members app. Does it have to be BTU firmware unlocked model? If so does a carrier locked One UI 5 beta version get released?
0 Likes
Dan77
Navigator
Options
No has to be BTU unlocked to qualify in the UK
0 Likes
adiwilko76
Explorer
Options
Gutted you cannot even flash BTU firmware anymore as it's OXM open for so many different regions whereas a few years ago you could guaranteed flash BTU firmware. Do they release carrier locked beta versions? Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
Dan77
Navigator
Options
As far as I know, they don't supply the beta programme to branded phones in the UK, sorry.
0 Likes
neamul1122
Pioneer
Options
Yeah same problem, very frustrating. it should be there tomorrow.
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
Yep likewise i hope tomorrow also. Even tho some other people seem to have got theres..
adiwilko76
Explorer
Options
Never mind cheers
0 Likes
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
Still nothing as of this morning. Im getting very frustrated at this situation..
0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Good news! I received a message from my colleagues this morning to say that the issue should now be resolved. Can you guys who have registered for the Beta see if you can now update to the new software and let us know in this thread if you get any joy with that or not?