Did you mean: 

One UI 5.1 Battery life

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 05:22 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi 
Lovely People.

Just wanted to know how you guys are finding battery life on the S21 ultra after the One UI 5.1 update?

For myself. 

I was getting 5 hours SOT before the update which had gone down drastically from 7-9 hours which I used to get before the update.

I have light mode , wqhd, 120htz, 5g and two Bluetooth accessories on.

I am not sure whether samsung has been dumbing our phone down with the updates or not. Do you guys feel like your battery has got worse after each update?

The Good Part.
I have found something I can do to get good battery life again with all the bells and whistles.

I will post here once I test it for a few days.

Currently sitting at 3.45 SOT at 50% as opposed to 5 hours SOT before at 10%

Do let me know if you guys are getting better or worse battery life.

I will post what I did if my battery improves and remains at 7 hours SOT as opposed to 5 hours SOT.
13 REPLIES 13
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
My s21 has no change.

All vampire apps have been removed WiFi and Bluetooth are turned off if not used, adaptive brightness is set for manual, extra dim is in use and dark mode.

Facebook/ meta, Spotify, YouTube, amazon. Can all be classed as vampire apps .. pluse there are more than you think.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could you specify your SOT when your phone was newer as compared to now.
I use to get 7-9hours and then like from last six months to around 5 hours.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Phone has been in use all day and came off charge 14 hours ago. Screenshot_20230217_174634_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Press the bar to get your SOT
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'll give a check on my S21 Ultra, but on my S23 Ultra, I found light mode gave me no benefit.
0 Likes
Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

Definitely, my battery drain is worst after the 5.1 update!

Really bad! 

It looks like Samsung is trying to force us to buy a new phone

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
My battery has always been solid on my s21 ultra,but I think the new one ui 5.1 update has definitely effected battery performance unfortunately.
I've noticed my battery will drain about 7% overnight where as before it would only drain about 3-4%.
I will still get a full days use but can clearly see it's draining faster than before the update.

What did you find to improve your battery?....and did it work?.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I tried putting apps to deep sleep and stuff and got almost 2 hours extra SoT from 5 to 7 hours so it really depends on how your phone is optimised.

I have now reset the phone so its in learning stages.

Will see how it goes from there.

I just feel the updates have messed the optimisation for the phone over the years. Used to get 7-9 SOT easily on Android 11 which the phone came with. Then with Andorid 13 one ui 5.0 it was 5 hours SOT.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah I already have apps in deep sleep,and optimised phone as before.
Something has definitely changed since the update 🤔, although I'm still getting a full days use.
0 Likes