Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one ui 4 upgrade broke Dual Messenger (whatsapp)

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 04:51 AM)
Pananth
Apprentice
Options

Hi There

I updated my 21+ phone yesterday to the latest patches as per the prompts by Samsung and since then Whatsapp Dual Message cannot send images, record voices or anything. 

Tried everthing I could find and nothing works.

I wish they hadnt push this update out.  I use the 2nd sim for work and business abroad.

27 REPLIES 27
Marcofonsecaa
Apprentice
Options

You're right. I'm experiencing the same problem. We demand a patch soon to fix this horrible bug, I will never update to the newest  Samsung OS, it's *****.

0 Likes
Josin
First Poster
Options

I was able to restore my second whatsapp.  I was unable to paste the data. So I kept a backup and then disabled and re-enabled the dual whatsapp from the dual messenger settings. Then I was able to paste the data. When I opened the second whatsapp It asked whether the recover from the data that is already there.. I got all chats and media restored till the day I did the android 12 update.. Then I was able to send and receive media as usual.

0 Likes
Josin
First Poster
Options

post helped me to resolve the issue.

Here is the full steps I followed to resolve the issue.

• Open File Manager(My Files App)
  • Internal Storage -> DualApp -> Android -> media -> com.whatsapp -> whatsapp

Kept a copy of the whatsapp folder in a different location (This is just in case we lost the data. I kept it in the Internal Storage->Downloads folder)

• Open Settings -> Advanced features-> Dual Messenger 
  • Disable the Whatsapp dual messenger option and then enabled it again ( This will clear all data in the second Whatsapp and give a fresh one. But you can recover it from the backup we kept earlier. )

NB: You will be able the recover the chats only till the time you updated the s21 to android 12. There is no way to recover the chats after that point.

•  Before opening the second whatsapp copy the data we backed up earlier.
  • Copy data to Internal Storage(Dual Messenger) - > Android -> media -> com.whatsapp folder.
  • If  com.whatsapp is not found, then create it and paste the whatsapp folder inside.
  • Open the second Whatsapp and it will ask whether to load the data that is already there. You need to configure your number again.
  • You will now see chats and media until the date you updated to android 12. The media send/receive should start working now.

The above steps helped. Hope this will be useful for everyone..

0 Likes
Namejs
Voyager
Options

Create manual backup with restore folder permissions: Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp".  Copy folder "/Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp_bac/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

Good luck!

Herbert13
Journeyman
Options

This worked for me.
Thanks a lot! You are a genius.
I cannot delete com.whatsapp_bac, but this doesn't matter.

0 Likes
FG314
First Poster
Options

Don't, multiple reinstalling and reverifying will lead to problems, WhatsApp will lock you out from restoring, with the OTP, as you attempted to many 'phone migration switch' in a short time frame.

0 Likes
DJ28
Student
Options

I tried to copy paste the folders, however it keeps on saying Error occurred Try again later.. I tried it on the phone as well as on the laptop. 

How did you fix that error?

0 Likes
Shofwan
First Poster
Options

Not worked for me ... It only restore from the online backup, which is from February.

Samsung sucks! 😠

0 Likes