Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one ui 4 upgrade broke Dual Messenger (whatsapp)

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 04:51 AM)
Pananth
Apprentice
Options

Hi There

I updated my 21+ phone yesterday to the latest patches as per the prompts by Samsung and since then Whatsapp Dual Message cannot send images, record voices or anything. 

Tried everthing I could find and nothing works.

I wish they hadnt push this update out.  I use the 2nd sim for work and business abroad.

27 REPLIES 27
illEez
Voyager
Options
Try clearing your phones Cache, if you haven't already? ...this short video will talk you through the steps(you might need to connect your phone to a tablet/pc/whatever via a USB cable.

https://youtu.be/glbrO7nbkC4

Download the Good Guardians app from the Galaxy Store, and the App Booster within it, and run it; hopefully that should help.
maverick22
Navigator
Options
You can't even do a back up. I had to uninstall and reinstall it which in the process deleted all my messages. From Exynos and their software issue and camera, I have had enough of Samsung. This will be my last one. Getting an iPhone.
Pananth
Apprentice
Options

Sadly the Good Guardians is not longer downloadable from the store.   Tried the Wipe Cache Partition but no joy.  Still same error:

The download was unable to complete. Please try again later. 

Can't set up the recorder now, please try again later.

0 Likes
Pananth
Apprentice
Options

I was just about to try that?

I was thinking of turning off dual and then re activating dual? Is that what you did ? or remove whatsapp completely including the primary account and reinstalling?

(and then the backups not working?)

0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Maybe the Good Guardians is only available for the Ultra atm, as I can access it in the store on my phone, but not on my tablet?

Screenshot_20211126-093037_Galaxy Store_3659_1637919037.jpg
0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
I turned it on and off and it deletes everything. I never had a back up of it and couldn't back up since the app was broken. If you have backups then you probably will get the messages back
0 Likes
Pananth
Apprentice
Options

Whats interesting it seems to be showing the storage as two devices (i.e.

internal storage

Internal storage (Dual Messenger)

Which I think is the root of the problem. The latest update messed up how the files are accesses21.JPG

0 Likes
Rais_R
First Poster
Options

Same have happened in my S21ULTRA as well.

0 Likes
s21plususer1
First Poster
Options

I've got the same problem on my S21ultra..

0 Likes