Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

One UI 4 beta not available

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 01:02 PM)
Marek___
Apprentice
Options
Hey, does anyone else have a problem with the banner for one ui 4 beta not showing up on their S21 ultra in the UK? If yes, tips on how to fix it would be really appreciated because Samsung's support is utterly useless.

Cheers
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AM4N
Voyager
Options
You need the Unlocked (Unbranded) Model to be eligible
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Beta registration is now closed after a month.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Marek___
Apprentice
Options
It was never open for me though 😅
Marek___
Apprentice
Options
So if it was originally sold by Three (it shows up during boot up) but it's unlocked, it won't work?
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

If your phone is a Three handset on CSC code = H3G, you were never eligible for Beta testing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
Yes, unfortunately you need a device straight from Samsung
0 Likes
Marek___
Apprentice
Options
Well that sucks, thanks 😅
0 Likes
Solution
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Marek, you do NOT need a device direct from Samsung. All you need is to have a CSC code of BTU.
So just for the future... there are two ways to change your CSC (ONLY ON UNLOCKED DEVICES THOUGH). You can change it via the phone dialpad but this will reboot your device and wipe it completely so you have to restore from backup or do a fresh build. The other way is with SAMKEY which will cost you a few £'s but will not wipe your device. Always do a full backup anyway just in case though.
Not going to go through the details as just too long but have a Google and all the info is out there for you. Use known sites like XDA to make sure it's all above board.
Changing the CSC to BTU on network unlocked devices will not trip Knox and you will retain all functionality like Sampay etc.

Hope this helps a little even though a little late for this beta 😔