Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One ui 4.0 beta "On Hold".

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 03:31 AM)
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Has anyone else heard that Samsung has "indefinitely postponed " the release of the one ui 4.0 beta?  If this is true, I for one will be "gutted". ☹😒😭😭
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not anything official from Samsung as far as I can see @woodlouse 

I can see reports on Tech sites such as sammobile.com etc.

However as Beta is by it's nature buggy I would want Samsung to be properly ready to send this out to Beta Programme members.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I used to do ios betas on iPhone, terrible experience , would definitely think twice about signing up , well dodgy until the 3rd or 4th beta , you'll kick yourself for sure
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Report that the One UI 4.0  Beta has been slightly delayed stating confirmation from a  South Korean  community Manager in Android Central https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-delays-one-ui-40-android-12-for-galaxy-s21 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Easty 

I certainly wouldn't consider downloading a Beta version of the software on my daily driver. 

It would have to be on a back up phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Last year, the first Samsung Beta Android 11 release for the S20 global devices was not until the 21st October 2020... so they are still ahead of the game. See...

https://androidforums.com/threads/ztjf-android-11-one-ui-3-0-beta-for-global-exynos-rolling-out.1329...

Personally, I like Beta firmware but it is not for inexperienced or incompetent users as some features may not work straight out of the gate.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1