Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time passcodes

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 05:00 AM)
Linb
Apprentice
Options
Hi I cannot receive one time passcodes for my mobile banking, can anyone please help???...thank you.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Linb 

Has this just started happening or always been the case ?

Try looking in Settings,  Apps, 3 little dots in top Rh corner,  Special Access,  Use Premium Text Message Service, Tap on Messages, Always Allow.

Then clear your phones system cache files via Clear your System File Cache via the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone just to try and rule out the phone ?

You may also need to speak to your mobile Network Customer Services to ensure your account is set up to recieve shortcodes.

Ask your Banks Customer Services to check that everything is set up correctly such as the right mobile number has been entered etc.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Linb
Apprentice
Options
I've tried 2 sim cards and both don't receive the codes, I've just changed networks from Vodaphone to Three. I've had a new phone only 2 days and I'm receiving all normal messages/ texts just not the one time passcodes....I could cry I REALLY Neen my mobile banking. The bank has sent 6 codes but I have not received any. I called Three and they sent a message to me and because I received it they said everything is OK but a OTP message must be different from a normal message.
I'm not very technically minded so I'm scared to mess too much I'm case I mess up my phone.
Thank you so much for replying and If I can find someone more technically minded to do as you suggest I will let them try. 😊
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did you use a Pac to move from Vodafone to the 3 network to move your mobile number  ?

If so the porting files may still be settling which can take a short while.

If it is this and does not clear up then speak with the 3 Network Customer Services and tell them you believe you may have a Split Port which is where not all the porting files have settled properly @Linb 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just to add clearing the phone's System File Cache Files will not mess up your phone I assure you @Linb 

No information is lost this way.

You could also try going into Settings, Apps, choose your banking app, Storage,  Clear cache. 

0 Likes
ciaoarif
Pioneer
Options

I'm assuming you have the same phone number as on your old phone? I ask as you mentioned you've tried 2 sim cards. If not you will have to update your phone number with your bank otherwise they will be sending your codes to the old number. You can usually do this on the banks website.

0 Likes
Linb
Apprentice
Options
Thank you I spoke to Three today and the number transfer had only completely gone through today so I'm hoping this issue will sort itself out in the next day or so
Linb
Apprentice
Options
No I kept my old number.
0 Likes
Linb
Apprentice
Options
Yes I did use a PAC I moved from Vodaphone to Three