Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of the best features on the phone - also a suggestion!

(Topic created on: 13-02-2022 10:45 AM)
T_C
Pioneer
Options
So I'm using the S21 Ultra, and having the front camera with the display around it is great, with the bar around it with the time and battery/network info to the sides and the apps and videos under it so the camera hole doesn't interfere with the content is excellent, I get it on a foldable as some will want max screen space, but on these phones an under display camera wouldn't be ideal, the hole would block part of what you want to be seeing on video calls etc anyway, but also it gives you space to bring back a feature I loved on my old phone, A FLASH NEXT TO THE SELFIE CAMERA! You could keep the camera in the middle and put the flash to one side, then you could still have the time and network/battery info on either side, and take selfies without the screen itself going bright missing seeing yourself at the moment, and if people wanted to use the max screen anyway for whatever reason it wouldn't be much different to one hole - a phone like this with a front camera flash would be perfect!
6 REPLIES 6
T_C
Pioneer
Options
Imagine the camera modes, you are camping at night or doing some urban exploring in an abandoned building and you can shoot front and rear video at the same time with both flashes torching for the live reaction and what you're seeing! Top it off with the flashes having a glass cover not a plastic one so they don't scratch as easy and it's a winner
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With hdr and better sensors on phone these days flashes are becoming obsolete.

They are more useful as a torch rather then for photography.
0 Likes
T_C
Pioneer
Options
Yes sensors becoming better is a great thing, but flashes becoming obsolete? Guess I should throw away the flash unit for my actual camera then because the sensor will be able to simulate light hitting my subject from that angle right?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am referring to the Phone flash.

And yes they are unflattering on a phone camera cause you cannot control them like a dedicated flash for a proper camera.

Maybe you have a use case scenario. I have personally never used the flash on my phone camera and so point.
You don't have to agree to it .

0 Likes
T_C
Pioneer
Options
Well maybe you haven't thought of any good shots, but why did they put a flash option on the selfie camera that lights up the screen if it is totally pointless? I mean you should just work with the light you got and the angle it's coming from in every situation right? I mean there could be no conceivable or artistic reason you'd want any light coming from that angle
0 Likes
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

No they are not. Yes you can leave your shutter open for a long time and gather a bunch of light to your sensor to achieve a well-lit picture. However, you have to have your camera set up on a stand where it's not being affected by your motion or the motion of a vehicle or the wind or whatever. It has to hold perfectly still or the shot gets screwed up. Flash enables you to light the scene in an instant without having to set up mounting hardware and getting people to stay out of the line of sight of the camera while it's taking its long ass picture. 

0 Likes