Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ombudsman

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 09:38 PM)
LisaJA
Journeyman
Options
Does anyone know who the ombudsman is for Samsung or who to make an official complaint to? My phone has been in for repairs from day dot and they still say there us nothing wrong with it. Constantly powering off. Comes back from repairs and still does the same. Just asked Samsung and they said they don't come under any ombudsman.
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you sure it's the phone.
Could be an app or a theme that's causing the problem.
Is it something that happens a lot or occasionally.
Could be that its just not turning off while they have it.
Do you factory reset your phone before sending it?
They would plug in diagnostic equipment to look for any anomalies.
If the affected app or theme is not in there, could be why it's not happening during testing
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@LisaJA  Firstly check as @Glenntech  suggests for apps/themes. If seems not the issue would need to get in touch with support or social media channels first.  As a last resort you could contact CEO  for escalation.   Details can be found here  https://www.ceoemail.com/index.php?s=S 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

LisaJA
Journeyman
Options
Hi both it's not the apps because each time it has been in for repairs I've transferred all of my apps to an old Samsung 8 and I have no problems. The phone doesn't power on and off at all. This powering on and off is happening at least 20 times a day. It just cuts me off when on the phone. I've sent them all of the error reports I get on here and they still say nothing is wrong. This phone has been going back since Feb 2022 it's now. I've been promised a refund or replacement then I get told off someone else it isn't an option even though its still under warranty. I get the feeling they are now trying to drag it out until my warranty is up
LisaJA
Journeyman
Options
Hi both it's not the apps because each time it has been in for repairs I've transferred all of my apps to an old Samsung 8 and I have no problems. The phone doesn't power on and off at all. This powering on and off is happening at least 20 times a day. It just cuts me off when on the phone. I've sent them all of the error reports I get on here and they still say nothing is wrong. This phone has been going back since Feb 2022 it's now. I've been promised a refund or replacement then I get told off someone else it isn't an option even though its still under warranty. I get the feeling they are now trying to drag it out until my warranty is up
0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
I have had similar issues for a long time also, despite multiple updates along the way, factory resets and all the suggested fixes.
I was told the phone works 100% and it is a software issue.
The latest update made little to no difference other than to vary the service or app crashing daily.
A lot seemed to be coming from Google related stuff, so I tried samsung Internet browser instead of chrome, this helped a bit, I am considering a non Google set up if that is possible as a next experiment.
It is a shame that such capable devices are not able to perform as they should because of developer issues and crossing your fingers once a month that the latest update magically fixes it finally.
After this, my experience has been another month of issues and frustration with tech that should work easily and reliably for cost/ performance yet fails.
Robin999
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi Lisa, if you're transferring all your apps off your phone before sending it in for repair then essentially Samsung are testing an empty phone. As such how can they possibly recreate the conditions you describe. You should give Samsung the phone in the exact state you experience the restarts so they can do a proper diagnosis.
Egg1
Voyager
Options
I removed my Google account ( settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts ) and connected to Gmail which set up Google account again.
So far so good.
LisaJA
Journeyman
Options
Mine has got back into samsung yet again now. Everything is transferred to an old s8... it's not crashed once or powered off. I think I'd rather use this than the one that's gone in for repair again... at least its reliable. Pretty sad that you have to use an s8 because a new phone won't work.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could be possible that some of your apps are not compatible with the new phone model.

I would highly suggest not to use smartswitch if that's what you are using and manually add apps as and when needed.

Probably only backup your photos , messages etc but not the apps .
0 Likes