Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number in About after port

(Topic created on: 27-02-2021 02:32 PM)
JonnyPC
Journeyman
Options
Hi people, hope someone can help.

Recently ported my number to a new network but the about section on my S21 amd the Sim Manager section still show the old number that cam with the sim.

It's not causing any massive issues but it is annoying as my contact is asking me to add the old number to my profile and when I add a new card to Google Pay I get a warning that tells me my actual number isn't the one for this mobile.

Can anyone shed any light on how this can be amended? I've contacted my network operator and they said the port is fully complete on there end so there is nothing they can do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Old number in About
First Poster
Options

I finally got it changed.  realizing this is an older topic, I did want to let you all know what worked after exhausting every other area known to mankind.  Go into your cellular provider store and ask them to sway out the SIM card  They will take your old SIM out, scan the new SIM, and put it in.  Instantly it's all resolved.  At this point, you can go to Settings/About Phone and see your correct phone number.  It's better to get this taken care of than to just settle and accept the wrong number showing up.   This is the only way to have the correct phone number show up in your S21 device.  

View solution in context

52 REPLIES 52
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
this happened to me last year tried everything and unfortunately that's just the way it is unless anybody else knows something that I don't
ghosty
Voyager
Options
I've had this for years but just ignore it. I'll wait to see if anyone has a fix to this 👍
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah same here,it's a little annoying but nothing you can do I don't think
0 Likes
danmidd
Voyager
Options
interesting as I ported my number also yet it says the phone number is unknown, I thought I could edit that but you can't
JonnyPC
Journeyman
Options
My previous sim said unknown so that's kind of what I was expecting with this one to but it seems to have stuck with the old number instead
danmidd
Voyager
Options
that's really annoying
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I have a Huawei as a second phone and when I changed my phone number on my normal phone, I had the same issue but I found a way to fix it and make it show the new number. I did this by putting my sim card in my Huawei, going to settings, then mobile network, then sim management, then I tapped the pen with a line next to it and it let me change the number and name. Once I changed it to my new number and saved it, I put the sim back in my S20 Plus and saw my new number in settings (about phone). I will attach a picture of Huawei Sim Management Settings.

20210227_193742_2929.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Some dual SIM phones are able to change the number on the SIM card. Sadly none of my Samsung phones can (S21 Ultra, S20 Ultra, Note 10+ 5G or S8+). However my Huawei P30 Pro can. If you do have any older devices, especially dual SIM, see if its possible to change the SIM Card number through its SIM manager.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
bought buds pro yet? and while your there a galaxy watch active 2 would look good on your wrist 😂
0 Likes