Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Update locked me out of my S21

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 05:55 PM)
Sovtek
Student
Options

I installed the latest November update this week. After it rebooted and prompted for the password it wouldn't accept as if it was the wrong password. I checked and rechecked that it was the correct psw. After several online chats and phone calls with support they said the only solution is a factory reset as well as admitting its an error with the update. 

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sovtek 

To be honest it's very rare for a software update to manage to change passwords  !

Have you tried logging into your Samsung Account via a computer and use find-my-mobile to reset your phone's login protocols ?

Ultimately a factory reset would be the next very last step.

If the update was corrupted in a way to be doing this I'd expect to see more threads and Internet chatter on this.

I'm suspecting this is a major glitch that's happened. 

I wish you all the best.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Vall1
Student
Options

Hi, I experienced exactly the same after updating to android 13. I went to Samsung on Oxford Street and made an appointment. They wouldn't admit it was a problem and kept saying I forgot the password. I'll post next week what I've fixed but it's shameful that they hide from the truth

Sovtek
Student
Options

It wouldn't change a password but it definitely changed the way the OS handles passwords. I could see that when I typed it in. I've had to tech support heads admit its an error with the update. The first after I pressed a bit. I don't have findmymobile enabled and have already tried that. I couldn't even do the factory reset on my own because I could not power down as it prompts for a psw. The last tech said they aren't sure whats going on and which devices it effects. Seems to me they are trying to keep this quiet because they have no solution or good way to fix it. 

0 Likes
Vall1
Student
Options

Sorry for the delay, they reset the phone to factory settings.I explained that I am not the first to experience this problem, I showed them the message of the gentleman who wrote on this forum and they seemed surprised. In conclusion,I lost everything from my phone and I can't even recover anything from my old phone even though I have a samsung account. It asks me for the password of the old phone which for who knows what reason does not work. I hope others will not run into this problem.

0 Likes