Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working 🤬

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 02:07 PM)
jvk
Voyager
Options
Since 7-14 days, notifications seem to have just stopped happening on my S21 Ultra Exynos. No pop up, no sound, no icon badge counters and no led alerts (aod notify). Anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas how to rectify it please? No settings seem to have changed but, dare I say, it seems to have started around the time I got August update. Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jvk hello, reset all settings, it could be a less worked option, to try to solve the problem. The settings and configurations of the apps will be restored, but you do not lose personal data. Greetings

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
@Ventor sorry to appear thick but how exactly do I do that please?
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jvk To reset all settings, go to Settings/General management/Reset and reset All settings. If this does not fix the problem, you may need to do a Factory Reset.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

jvk
Voyager
Options
@Ventor Thank you for the instructions. I've reset all settings twice now but, unfortunately, it hasn't resolved the issue. I think, in order to perform factory reset, I'd need to first do a backup, wouldn't I? Or, is that already stored in my Google/Samsung accounts? What will I lose if I do this? Would I need to renew all my personal information for online banking, shopping etc?
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
@Ventor I also seem to be having charging issues with this. Phone is on charge overnight yet sometimes, like last night, only reaches 70-90% charge. Any ideas please 🙏
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jvk: Before you resort to a Factory Data Reset, please try checking the following.

1. Settings > Notifications > Included apps > Select 'All apps'

2. Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb > Hide notifications, and toggle off any active options

3. Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Show notification icons > All notifications > Floating notifications > Select 'Bubbles' or 'Smart pop-up view'

4. Settings > Apps > Select an affected app e.g. Messages > Notifications > Show notifications > On.

Let me know if this helps. If you do decide to perform a Factory Data Reset, then please take a look at the guide below, including how to back up your personal data. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

jvk
Voyager
Options
Thank you for your message. I've followed all the instructions 1-4 to the letter but still the issue exists. I'm very apprehensive about the factory reset option but recognise that this may be my only option now.
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
@AndrewL: In the meantime, I installed a second update with August security patch which made no difference. Also, I have now installed OneUI 5.0 beta. That hasn't resolved the issue either but I am now living with the fact that the phone isn't working as it should now until the stable version is installed and I will have to think again at that point.
0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Check That Do Not Disturb is not enabled. It may seem obvious, but forgetting Do Not Disturb is enabled is one of the most common causes of not receiving notifications. If this setting is on (enabled), turn it off, and they will start working again. Restart your phone

Regards,

Will

0 Likes