Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications {ebay/amazon/gmail) dont work until phone is unlocked.

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 07:05 PM)
jay50
Apprentice
Options

I have had a Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra 5g for a while now, but I have always had this problem, i can get only a few Notifications when the phone is locked with black screen, this is normal text messages and missed calls.

The others i only when i unlock the phone, most people say it's down to either the apps going to sleep or do not disturb, but these are all off and never been used also battery saving is not set it just the max, so they won't turn off to save battery.

They are running in the background as well.

I have factory reset the whole phone and deleted everything and put the stock ones in with no 3rd party apps but still get the same.

I do hope someone can help me as I'm not a big iPhone person but had no option to get the 12pro max and all work fine on same SIM card (Virgin mobile)

just 1 more thing, if I'm at home does the Notifications work through Wi-Fi or still use Network for eBay/Amazon notifications.

I do hope someone can help as it's driving me mad and I'm a 100%Android/Samsung person.

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jay50 Hello, go to Settings / Applications and search / example Amazon /: in the options / Notifications -activated. You will see notification categories, click on the letters and you will see the following options. Activate them according to the capture and check. Analog for all apps. Greeting.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-12 at 14.05.56.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
jay50
Apprentice
Options

Hi,thanks for the fast reply.

I have already done this and still the same,when i unlock the phone they come through,its like they are there waiting for me to let them arrive.

i have had this for a long time and i have read on a Google search this is a problem for a lot of people but it's not been solved,just seeing on here if anyone have the same problem.

I

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I wonder if the notification just not showing on the Lock screen? Cose you can define what is shown on the lock screen
0 Likes
jay50
Apprentice
Options

If say the lock screen has AOD on i just get that or off it's just a blank screen.

If i put my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my s21 ultra side by side (both got same network) and say i get a Amazon notification to say my delivery is close my iPhone is there telling me but my ultra wont come through until i pick the phone up and unlock it (either face i.d or scanner) then any notifications that are there will come through.

I see what people look at Do not disturb and don't show on lock screen and also apps that sleep but none of these setting are set up they're all off or been checked, even battery saver.

The thing is some come through like messages from a text and calls or missed calls.

Every setting has been checked over and over again and also apps.

Thanks

0 Likes
jay50
Apprentice
Options

Another thing, might be a stupid question to many people but.

If I'm in the house with excellent Wi-Fi signal but poor Network signal, will the Notifications come through the Wi-Fi strength, even if i have no network signal or say 1 bar.

Also another thing, would one phone have priority to push notifications.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max has always had a better signal than my s21 ultra, even if only 1 more bar.

Thanks.

0 Likes