Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 02:41 PM)
Felixone93
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I bought an s21plus amd i want to put notification in brief mode when my screen is off with the edge light and the detaild version when my screen is on ( as i used to have on my s10+) how do i do it?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I've come back and edited because I think I initially misunderstood what you was asking - you can display Brief notifications ( Icons Only ) on Lock Screen - Lock Screen > Notifications > select icon only and toggle on "hide content", and Detailed selected in Settings > Notifications > Detailed - I think this is actually what you were asking? with Detailed with Screen ON and displaying Icons Only on Lock Screen. to have an Edge Lighting Effect for Notifications with Screen Off - Settings > Notifications > Ensure "All Apps" is selected in "Included Apps" then > Brief Pop Up Settings > and Toggle on "Even While Screen Is Off" and choose your effect and color whilst here too, as well as add key word/colour Notifications. *the difference in mine is you would have "Detailed" selected as opposed to "Brief" in my screenshots.*

Screenshot_20210210-185805_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20210210-185759_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210210-184901_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Felixone93
Apprentice
Options

I don t think is this. So you know there is two kind of notification on galaxy : detailed and brief.

Ok now i want to put this two mode respectivley one when my screen is on to answer and see the messages  and brief when my screen is off and be able to see (with screen light) the messeges.  

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
what you're describing is what I've shown you, if you mean the Lock Screen itself Lighting up and displaying the whole notification, I'm not too sure about that because that wouldn't be brief. What I have shown is how to do what you're asking, so when your screen is off, you get an Edge Lighting notification ( which now works for every single app ) with an Icon of the app the notification is from, and Detailed when screen is on shows a Detailed notification with a majority of what the notification is I.e a message, a YouTube video etc. it is exactly how I have it, but I also have it in brief with screen on too, so a small banner shows at the top of the screen when on, and an icon on the lock screen, with an Edge Lighting Effect. select include all apps and try it out, get a family member or friend to send you a couple of messages and see if this is what you are wanting. baring in mind One U.I 3 is a little different, if you hadn't received the update on your S10+ before upgrading.
Felixone93
Apprentice
Options

Could you repet the passages in order because it doesn't work, but i for sure did something wrong

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
for Lock Screen "Brief" - > Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > Icons Only > and toggle "Hide Content" on, and also ensure alert & Silent are selected just below that toggle. inhave included a screenshot which displays an example of how they look at the top ( just Icons ) and I will step-by-step the edge Lighting in a second comment with the " Screen On" Detailed Notifications seen as they are in the same section.

Screenshot_20210211-143849_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Felixone93
Apprentice
Options

So maybe is not the kinda of nitification i had on s 10.

so what i want is 1)when screen is off  i want the pop up notification and the light on the screen.

2)When i turn on the screen and is locked i want to see the deteild notification.

3)And when i using the phone the notification must be detailed also. 

I hope to be clear, thank u for the help

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
for Screen On "Detailed" - > Settings > Notifications > Detailed - you could also try out "floating notifications" which gives an option to have them appear as a bubble or pop up and may he what you're actually looking for.
to enable notification Edge Lighting Effect whilst screen is off - > Settings > Notifications > and whilst Brief is selected > select "All Apps" and then "Brief Pop Up Settings" under that and toggle on "Even While Screen Is Off" and if you wish, select an Edge Lighting style. this will move when you select Detailed but will still display am Effect when screen is off. again I have included screenshots. let me know how you get on.

Screenshot_20210211-144354_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-144350_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
aahh OK, so the same steps as described for Screen On and Detailed.... for Lock Screen, instead of "icons only" and "hide content" toggled on. you basically do the opposite - so selected "Detailed" instead of Icons Only, and toggle off "Hide Content" and also, to be sure, make sure Always on Display is on tap to show, In - > Settings > Lock Screen > Always on Display > toggle on and select "Tap to Show for 10 Seconds". this should give you what you're wanting. Hopefully 🤞🏻😄
0 Likes
Felixone93
Apprentice
Options

Maybe i did

0 Likes