Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds not working

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 02:09 AM)
GAZDILLIGAF
Explorer
Options
Anybody able to help out all my notifications i.e text messages , WhatsApp messages & email sounds do not work they were working fine and have all of a sudden stopped working .

Receiving calls as in ringing works just notifications that have stopped I think I have checked everything but any ideas greatly appreciated
35 REPLIES 35
Davey79
Student
Options

Did you figure it out, if not I've done it👍

0 Likes
ChrisC
First Poster
Options

Thanks. That worked for me.

0 Likes
DPL
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem, Can you tell me how you fixed it?
Thanks

0 Likes
Davey79
Student
Options
press the volume key then the three dot's. then the second one with the bell will be turned off. that's it, just turn it up. let me know if that helps.
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

So here is an update. I ended up having to send my phone in for repair after reflashing it did not fix it.  At that point I deemed it to be a hardware issue.  Samsung did fix the problem by replacing 2 components in my phone one being some sort of pcb board and the other looked like a speaker or having to do with the speaker.  Bottom line is if you are having this issue and factory reset does not fix it you likely need to send it in for repair.  Also don't bother with local Samsung repair facilities. 

0 Likes
Aliza
First Poster
Options

This same thing happened to me. Notifications completely stopped working. I only hear them through bluetooth speakers. I also tried troubleshooting as well as taking my device to the repair center Samsung recommended and nothing worked. 

0 Likes
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

Yeah sad to say you need to send it in.  They had to replace hardware

0 Likes
thisphoneispoop
First Poster
Options

OMG, how long were you without a phone?  I miss my S7 so much (even with its short battery life at this point), this thing is not reliable.

0 Likes
Missus_grrr
Student
Options

This was all that was needed! Thanks for the tip.  

0 Likes
Ryan1169
First Poster
Options

Try ringtone sync in Bluetooth advanced settings. Worked for me, notifications working when connected to Bluetooth now

0 Likes