Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds not working

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 06:59 PM)
GAZDILLIGAF
Explorer
Options
Anybody able to help out all my notifications i.e text messages , WhatsApp messages & email sounds do not work they were working fine and have all of a sudden stopped working .

Receiving calls as in ringing works just notifications that have stopped I think I have checked everything but any ideas greatly appreciated
35 REPLIES 35
GAZDILLIGAF
Explorer
Options
just done a factory reset so fingers crossed
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

Let me know if it works 

Herushi
First Poster
Options
Same with my S21. It was working when I first got it but after a few days it was gone. Tried to reset settings but still the same.
0 Likes
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

It’s so annoying iv tired everything to you tube vids still does not sort it

0 Likes
Eamont
Student
Options

Howdy,

I guess IGAF😂

I've had this problem the last week, samsung rep rest all app references via the tutor app, worked for a while. Performed factory reset myself which worked for a while, samsung agreed to replace the hadset.

Here's what I did to fix it, by fix I mean i'm 24hrs issue free with notifications alerts working as expected, previous best was 2hrs max before notifications all muted and vibrated only.

power phone off and boot to bootloader screen

Select repair apps, run it

Select wipe cache partition, run it

I then selected mount/system and ran it, wiped the cache partition again for good measure.

Then i selected reboot system now.

After which phone restarts and the small screen for optimising apps pops up where it run through all the apps, same as what you see after a software upgrade.

I found getting in to the bootloader a bit or a nightmare, this is the only surefire way I got into it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_caLuD-eY

What I did might be over kill, you may only need to select repair apps, or just wipe cache partition.

After I had some wifi issues but that was yesterday, today all seems fine ( putting it down to router issues, mesh system here) For now I am going to hold off sending the phone back for a replacement.

Hope you get sorted.

0 Likes
GAZDILLIGAF
Explorer
Options
Only way I managed to rectify this was a factory reset and it's been ok since then
0 Likes
GAZDILLIGAF
Explorer
Options
Bixby update has just been released to fix this issue
bluegruntfuttoc
Explorer
Options
didn't work for me
0 Likes
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

I am having this same issue. Tried booting to the bootloader wiped cache factory reset mounted system and repaired apps.  After all that notification sounds still didn't work.  I set up my phone fresh and checked and they did not.  Also seems that it's notification and system sounds.  What's strange is if you go into volume and adjust the ring tone it will start playing the ring tone. If you touch the notification volume slider while the ringtone is playing you will hear one chime for the notification but if you move it again when the ring tone is not playing it does not make a noise.  I can only guess this is some sort of bug in the last update

0 Likes
NikoK
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and just realised that actually the notification sound volume had dropped to zero. 

Don't know if its as simple as this but doing the below solved it for me on S21:

• Go to Settings
  • Tap on Notifications
  • Scroll down and tap on Notification sound
  • Tap on Volume
  • Now increase the Notifications volume by moving the slider to the right