Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds issues

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 09:03 PM)
Nickname1000
Apprentice
Options
So I've just spent nearly an hour on the phone with an engineer that had remote access to my phone to try and figure out the issue that meant that all my apps - texts, Skype, Ring Doorbell, emails, ebay had the same notification sound. According to this so called 'expert', this is not a glitch, but just functionality that has been removed from Android 12.

I have a new S21 Ultra, and it cannot do something my Nokia phones 20 years ago did and that's to be able to change the tone for my text messages. 

Her answer? Look at your phone when a notification comes in! So whereas I'd hear the doorbell ring, now I'm not sure if I have a text or an email. It's ridiculous. 

What beggars belief is that she said this is NOT a glitch or a fault, but a deliberate removal of a useful function for no discernable reason. 

We have 2 S1 Ultras in the house and the other phone has this issue too, so it's not just on my phone. Anyone else have this? What can we do? Is this is a Samsung/Android issue, we'll have to go to a different phone manufacturer as this is a vital basic function. 
16 REPLIES 16
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well, at least you have found the best place for an answer.

Go to settings, apps, Samsung app settings, select an app here we will select messages as an example. Select messages settings, notifications, notification categories.

You will then see the notification options, tap on these and change the sound.
Nickname1000
Apprentice
Options
No that doesn't work. I know how to do it, but the 'notifications' functionality has been removed. The Samsung 'tech expert ' confirmed this has been done on Android 12. So thanks for the misguided optimism, but it doesn't seem like I have found the best place for an answer.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well, it works for me.
0 Likes
Nickname1000
Apprentice
Options
Are you on android 12? With an S21 Ultra?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes to both.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nickname1000
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. That did help. It worked, but it's far more complicated than it used to be. The functionality has been removed, but this is a useful workaround. Remember, the samsung tech dept confirmed it had been removed me during a phone conversation today.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You're welcome. Samsung tech don't seem as knowledgeable as some of the guys on here which is why I said you came to the right place.

Glad you got it working 👍
AliciaBayley
Journeyman
Options
I'm having exactly the same issue with my new note20 ultra.which I is on Andriod 12 aswell. What is going on. I'm one of Samsung longest fans that unfortunately may have to pull away aswell.i will checkout the link above anyway. So disappointed!